PDA

View Full Version : ¿!¿equation (barrels) confusion?!!!?!?!

demonguy8
06-05-2002, 03:49 AM
alright ill try and make this quick and painless...

1. are the mag adapters available for purchase at this time?(last post i saw, mag adapters hadnt been made yet)....

2. how does the barrel snap together..? [ie like a freak where the adapter screws into gun, the sized tube goes INSIDE adapter, and then the tip(i WANT THE 6.25 barrel length so i no use extender) screws ON to adapter..?? or is it something else??]

3.if the bore sized inserts do indeed go inside the adapter....then WHY do the ADAPTERS HAVE THEIR OWN bore sizes!?!?!?!

i dunno this system is confusing me greatly, but would completely blow away the freak imho since i can have a 6.25 in barrel with matched boresizes (assuming the bore sizes go into the adapter.....but then the adapters has its own bore sizes... and gazigers and cobracats.... my head hurts...:confused: theres no place like home... theres no place like home......)

athomas
06-05-2002, 10:11 AM
The new equation multiple switch barrels have the stainless teflon inserts. Each barrel is made up of (1) a 4" back that screws into the gun and holds the sized insert which is slid in from the front, (2) an extension from 6 to 10 inches, and (3) a 2" muzzle. This gives you a barrel from 12" to 16" depending on the extension that you use. You can elect to put the muzzle directly onto the back which will give you a 6" barrel. I have tried it and it works well but is very loud and a bit of a gas hog.

The barrel sections screw together. The muzzle and extention threads are the same.

The original backs produced by Equation Designs were sized backs and did not take inserts. That is probably where your confusion is coming from.

I have the older system with the vented extention and am presently waiting on the new back with the inserts. The barrel is very quiet and accurate. I love mine.

Army
06-05-2002, 12:48 PM
To add to athomas' post;

Each section is available in many styles of milling and colors too. There are like 6 different muzzles alone! You can keep screwing pieces together until you reach the next bunker. Jeff of Paintball Daddy's made a barrel at the LA Open, that was nearly 6 feet long!:cool:

Bartleby
06-05-2002, 01:00 PM
at their site it says that there are adapters for the mag. i don't know if they mean that they're ready right now or if they will release them in the future.

athomas
06-05-2002, 04:47 PM
I was talking to Greg from Equation Designs two weeks ago and he indicated that the new automag backs were completed and being anodized. They should be ready for shipping now.