PDA

View Full Version : SFL/Extreme removable feed neck?

spacemanspiff
06-05-2002, 01:23 PM
I was just wondering if this was a possibility or not. To make threaded feed necks so you can have a low rise of high rise if you wanted. I see how the feed necks are perfect for the warp hose and connecters. But for those who might not want a warp and don't want to use a plastic vert neck. It would be kewl to have a neck that didn't need that. Just an idea that I was thinking about.

Rynoboy06
06-05-2002, 02:08 PM
I don't think there's any reason that they couldn't just remove the stubby bit that's there now and thread the inside, and it probably wouldn't be worth it to re-anodize just that little bit. You just have to find somebody to do the work, and it probably wouldn't cost that much, maybe <$50. Let us know if you find someone to do it.

Johnny Bravo
06-05-2002, 02:19 PM
If you are using a Rev you can put it over the feed neck itself and use a hose clamp to hold it on. I'm still gonna wait for the ACE and LVL 10 upgrades though before I do that cause I dont wanna chop alot.

paintbattler
06-05-2002, 02:26 PM
i dont think they have high rise and low rise but the do have like warp feed modules

spacemanspiff
06-05-2002, 06:17 PM
Yes I currently run my sfl with a revy over the feed neck and use a hose clamp to attatch it. I really like it cause it lowers the revy alot. I had problems with chopping every once and a while. I figured that it was a feed problem. I didn't think it was the revy cause it has an x-board with impeller. So I filed down the inside lip on my feed neck to a nice smooth angle. And it worked like a charm no chopping problems whatsoever. I guess the balls were getting hung up every now and then on the inside lip.
I'm going to look into getting some one to thread it as long as its not a problem. The hose clamp works great but its kinda getto even though you can't really see it. But hey it works.

rythm68
06-05-2002, 07:16 PM
Or you could always just get one of these and put it on!

[FE]Memnock
06-05-2002, 11:48 PM
And... where does one get those? Hard to do a Google search with a picture... :)

rythm68
06-06-2002, 02:00 AM
www.checkitproducts.com