PDA

View Full Version : Bolt sticks Help!

Iakovos
06-05-2002, 03:52 PM
Hello,

I am quite new in paintball from the point that I am not searching for perfection with numerus upgrades and funky alterations on my CO2 operated Automag.

This is dew to the fact that I play paintball in Greece and I tell you guys we are in the dark ages as far as paintball is conserned. There are many few of us and we get our stuff from abroad so knowhow is almost inexistent.

Anyway my problem might be simple but it also might not be here it goes:

One of my few ugrades is that instead of the noemal bolt I use a venom itoxic toys bolt. Some times (they are not few) after a shot the bolt is not returned completely back and in order for me to take another shot I have to puss it back. It might not be the venom bolt as i gave it to a friend and it works fine with him i have also tryed a fresh spring a million times but I alway get the promblem.

Please HELP ME!

Thnx in advance
Iakovos

P.S. I am in curently London does anybody knows any paintball shops around the greater london area?

virus
06-05-2002, 06:41 PM
real easy fix..... all you need is a powertube spacer kit.... once you get it you'll need to figure out what length spacer you have now and go 1 longer.... repeat untill the problem is gone.... only reqiured tools are a coin to fit the powertube tip and the hex key to undo the field strip screw.....

Xzion
06-05-2002, 07:18 PM
I'd have to say virus hit the nail quite hard on the head with that fix :)

jimmyjobob
06-05-2002, 09:22 PM
damn i knew it was only a matter of time.

i posted a topic a long while back 'paintball in greece'

i visit crete as often as i can and had often wondered why paintball wasnt there yet. seemed that they had adopted many other american hobbies, but no paintball yet. i know that crete is definitely the 'dark ages' compared to athens but hey. i guess i wondered this when i saw all the new waterparks that were popping up at the beaches (inflatable structures) as other people saw inflatable slides and tubes i saw bunkers. mmmm bunkers.

needless to say you folks have plenty of great climate, terrain, bunkers and air source. which brings me to my next question, with all the divers around, why not use compressed air (scuba)

anyway as a fellow greek i am excited to see that paintball is an option in greece and am sure that it will continue to increase in popularity.

london....well at least you can pick up an extreme mag. hell we cant even do that here yet.

yiasou

Iakovos
06-06-2002, 07:15 AM
Well thank you very much for the help guys but how do I convert from CO2 to compressed air?

Thnx in advance
Iakovos

JEDI
06-06-2002, 02:51 PM
Mags are already set up for compressed air. They work better with it. If you have an expansion chamber, you wont need it after the switch. But your gun is ready to go for compressed air

Iakovos
06-06-2002, 04:30 PM
Don 't I have a different bottle and tbe fittings for my mag to go on air?

Iakovos

jimmyjobob
06-06-2002, 08:04 PM
like jedi said, mags are ready to go on compressed air and prefer it.

yes there is a difference with co2 bottles and compressed air bottles. you cant fill a co2 bottle with compressed air or vice versa. if am incorrect, someone please correct me. just dont want anyone to injure themselves.

but as far as the fittings they are the same. threading and connections, shouldnt be a problem. the asa is the same for both. just get a nitro tank.

i know very little about compressed air and fill stations. im sure people at this forum can tell you all you need to know. just seems that you have so many dive shops around you that, a) it would be cheaper if not free and b) helluva lot more consistent than c02