PDA

View Full Version : problem with on/off valve

06-05-2002, 05:26 PM
i have a custom products on/off valve for my gun and today when i screwed in my tank the gun gassed up and the valve was supposed to be turned off... i took the tank off and checked the on/off valve, nothing seemed wrong so i put the tank back on and still gassed up my gun. anyone have any ideas on what can be wrong with the valve?

tranman
06-05-2002, 06:30 PM
Yeah i have that problem with my CP On/off, heres what you do for a temporary fix. Take the front knob all the way off....then pushed the pin depressor all the way back in. Hold the depressor in there with something, and press hard! Then screw your knob back in, you will feel it stop turning. Let go of your pin depressor and screw the knob in more, you should see the depressor turning as you turn the knob.

What happens is when you unscrew the knob too far it detaches slightly from the pin depressor, you know you have done this when you turn the knob and you dont see the depressor turn with the knob. It happens all the time, i think i will loc-tite the 2 pieces together, that should fix things.

06-05-2002, 06:54 PM
thanks for the help, i'll probably do the same

mods can delete this thread now