PDA

View Full Version : new dye barrels

Ter-Me-Nate
06-05-2002, 10:29 PM
well i found out today that all new dye barrels will be threded like the jt barrels, some of you probably new already, but what i want to know is,,, do u guys think they will be as good as before, i was planning on getting a ti-boomy anyway, i know the sleeves in the freak works good, i just dont like the idea of sleeves,,, but i do think the freak rocks so no flaming lol,,,,

you know what dye always says, "dont get screwed get glued"

what are your opinions on the matter....

xmetal2001
06-05-2002, 10:42 PM
I haven't heard, whats with the new dyes?, inserts, threaded not glued. Weiiird....

I wouldn't go with the titanium boomstick, titanium is a hard metal but also very flexible and that can lead to less than good accuracy. See the accuracy part of this article: http://www.paintballstar.com/wdpangellcd.html

or atleast thats what i heard. What i KNOW is that accuracy is the most dependent on paint-bore match so an adj. bore system is probably best, and that is possible with the price you'll be paying for a ti boomy.

Ter-Me-Nate
06-05-2002, 11:49 PM
well ti dosnt lead to bad accuracy, it was just a bad paint/bore match,,,, so read the paintball star review with a grain of salt,

maybe the angle just stinks,and like many review sights they don't want to admit it because of companys supporting them, the one i shot sure did and it had a freak kit on it and a perfect paint/bore match

man i'll get flamed for that one

liigod
06-06-2002, 12:38 AM
i own a CP set and a few other barrels, and the ti is my favorite. It would be cooler if they stuck with glued. but now i wana sell my cp set and get a set of boomsticks, or trade. i just dont like looking at the end of the cp as much as a dye.