PDA

View Full Version : Grip Gurl, throwing in the towel

The Frymarker
06-05-2002, 11:43 PM
Well Guys I think I am going to have to stop making grips.

My intial goal was to make a grip that was affordable for everyone. In doing so I made myself broke. To many orders unclaimed, which has cost me money in the long run.

So the last 2 orders that have paid which is...Aaron with the green biohazards and Jujigote with the mag logo will be the last of the grips that I will make.

I tried to be nice to everyone, which has just led to my poor business management.

So I am not excepting any more orders. Please do not email me with anymore. I feel really bad having to stop but I think it is best for me.

Thanks to all of you who have paid and been great people to deal with.

To those of you that own a pair...maybe they'll be collectors items!

personman
06-05-2002, 11:45 PM
nooooooooooooo
that sucks..
are you still going to make mine?
You dont have to because they were free anyway.

SlipknotX556
06-05-2002, 11:46 PM
Thats to bad. But thanks for letting us have the such nice grips at a great price.

hitmanng
06-06-2002, 12:02 AM
Sorry to hear this, I was looking forward to the Leopard idea. May I suggest prepayment and a price increase. On any custom item like this prepayment is expected.
Anyways, sad to hear.
Good luck in what you do
Hitmanng

liigod
06-06-2002, 12:35 AM
yea, people just arent very reliable when online. Prolly because yer looking at a screen rather than right into someones eyes. but i say, HIRE MR T! He will solve all those dead beats, everyone will pay! If u get down on the money you can sell off his jewlry...

Mr t says deadbeats are fools!

Timmee
06-06-2002, 02:07 AM
What do you have for unclaimed gips? I might be interested in a pair. I've seen your work, so I'd be proud to use them. Just let me know what's floating around, and the price.

hawpunch
06-06-2002, 04:50 AM
awww heather,

i'm sorry to hear that...i have my pair from you and they are beautiful. i wish people were more reliable, but i'm beginning to think a lot of them are all talk and no action. thanks for everything heather and i hope things work out :).

aloha nui loa,

jae park

zads27
06-06-2002, 05:20 AM
Yeah, prepayment is the answer, methinks.
You could up the price more if you want as well, I saw your work on the website, and thought you should charge some more for custom made grips.

Better luck to you in the future,
-Z

Rynoboy06
06-06-2002, 06:22 AM
I think people wil pay a lot more than you're charging for such custom stuff. If you really are going to close down instead of just raising prices and changing policy, I'd be interested in a pair of unclaimed emag rubber wrap-arounds before they disappear. If you decide to continue on, I'll be contacting you sometime this summer, after I actually HAVE an emag.

oldsoldier
06-06-2002, 08:20 AM
Damn! I wanted to order a pair real soon too...procrastination has its drawbacks. Well, if you do decide to continue through prepayments...post again. Or, if you have any emag grips laying around...pm me. I am definitely interested.

Will Wood
06-06-2002, 08:26 AM
Yea...If you have any extras, post em! I might be interested.

The Frymarker
06-06-2002, 09:05 AM
I just sold a bunch to a local store at a great discount. I'll see what I have left over.

Right now I am packing to move to a new home by the end of this month so let me see what I can do.

Take care.

Heather

Jonno06
06-06-2002, 09:25 AM
that really sucks,but as many have said,raise the price and have pre-payment....

The Frymarker
06-06-2002, 09:34 AM
Maybe I will.

I will have to see when I get to the new house, how everything is going to go.

My Husband doesn't want me to stop because he see how happy and content it makes me to have a little project on my own.

Let me think about it.

Creative Mayhem
06-06-2002, 10:43 AM
I, like the rest of AO would like to harrass you to reconsider your dropping the grip biz. I would like to buy a pair as well, but I can wait until your things get settled. I would be more than happy to pay a little extra for custom grips. Keep us posted on whats going on. Thanks
for your great work.

The Frymarker
06-06-2002, 10:59 AM
Thank you it is greatly appreciated

Patron God of Pirates
06-06-2002, 11:26 AM
If you do decide to go back into business, i will definitely buy a set for my Z-Mag project.

From what I've seen, you do good work and should definitely charge what to need to in order to operate at a profit.

Paul La Rue
06-06-2002, 11:26 AM
I'm still looking for a set of Custom Grips for my Project E-mag for PballCanada.com.

Can you be convinced to make one more set? :-)

oldsoldier
06-06-2002, 03:11 PM
Well, good luck on the move1 And I sincerely hope you dont drop the business...just revamp the prices and payment methods. But, take your time...we will all be here.

The Frymarker
06-06-2002, 03:17 PM
Thanks soldier! I think we have a plan, I'll keep everyone posted

Iceman8446
06-06-2002, 03:26 PM
When ya get settled in your new home and if ya decide to start makin grips again put me down for a pair.

hawpunch
06-06-2002, 05:51 PM
hey heather,

how about having a prepayment system like everyone is saying and structuring it this way. have the people put a down payment for the base cost of materials and labor and then forward you the rest when you finish the grips. that way, even if people don't pay you the rest of the money, you won't lose any money. just make sure you have a legal disclaimer explaining the situation. if you need help, i would be glad to help you out. i'd just hate to see you lose a project you love doing and have a whole population of paintballers out there deprived of having a wonderful personal set of grips made by you.

aloha,

jae park

Snooky
06-06-2002, 07:11 PM
hire mr. T as stated before. I pity the foo who doesn't hire mr. T. c'mon he needs work.

slushee
06-06-2002, 10:47 PM
Heather?! Xzion just told me about your grips ... I NEED a pair of those clear with spiders for an intelliframe ... give me the address, you will have your money next day!!!

I think prepayment is the way to go, I mean, great grips for a good price ... you will always have ppl interested.

For now, though, expect my call tommorrow!!

jujigote
06-06-2002, 10:58 PM
I guess I caught you at the right time.
Thanks for taking my order and I look forward to seeing the grips.

The Frymarker
06-07-2002, 06:03 AM
Hi Guys,

Yes I will be coming back although the prices will have to change and shipping charges I didn't realize that $3 wouldn't be enough, priority costs $5 with confimation.

It will have to be prepayment from now on, it seems the only way to go.

I am going to make all of these changes after I move, things are too hectic around here.

We should be completely settled buy mid July, moving in by the begining of July/end of June.

So sit tight everyone, I guess I am not going any where.

Thanks Jae for extending your services :D

bob87
06-07-2002, 08:57 AM
what will the new price be?

BartManSr
06-07-2002, 08:59 AM
Great to see that you'll be back in business. I'll be ordering when your up and ready.

Thanks

Jonno06
06-07-2002, 09:44 AM
ill buy a pair once you get settled also...

shartley
06-07-2002, 09:52 AM
No offense is intended.. but do you think she will believe ANYONE who states that they will buy a grip once she gets set back up? THAT is what got her in the position she is in NOW. And that also goes to show why Tom does not JUST rely on “I would buy one.” comments on AO either.

It is one thing to use AO as a potential customer base, it is another to rely upon AO for actual sales. And unfortunately Heather found this out the hard way. There are many great people on AO, but simply put, it is way too easy to state that you would buy a product… and then NOT. And I don’t even need to defend that statement.. Heather already did with this entire thread.

BartManSr
06-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Shartley, if you would have read her reply just above, then you would have known she was going to start up anyhow.
And I don't know about you, but when I say I'm going to do something, I'll do it. No offense intended.

shartley
06-07-2002, 10:43 AM
BartManSr

Shartley, if you would have read her replay just above, then you would have known she was going to start up anyhow.
And I don't know about you, but when I say I'm going to do something, I'll do it. No offense intended.
As if I did not read her saying she was going to start doing them again? Obviously you confuse me for someone who does not read every post in a thread.

My comments had nothing to do with her starting to make them again.. but how much weight people thought she would actually give to posts saying they would buy a grip. Also, I did not intend you directly in my comments, I even posted that AO HAS great people. But again, if you think for a minute that that “everyone” who posts that they WILL buy one actually WILL, you missed the whole point of her saying she was going OUT of business in the first place. And that is because she got in so many requests and made the product, but those requesting them DID NOT BUY THEM.

I took no offense at your comment… just would have liked it be relevant to what I actually posted.
:rolleyes:

BartManSr
06-07-2002, 11:21 AM
Shartley, It is relevant. I posted it based on what you said in your last post. No need to defend yourself.

IMHO, it sounded like we make promises that we don't keep. That may be true for some, but I find it hard to believe that most of the people here on AO is like that.

She did say that she was going to start again and I'm sure she is a smart girl and could figure it out for her self not to count every promise as a sale.

I'm sorry it just sounded like you were trying to be the "Lone Ranger" and slam dunking those who said they would support her when she started up again.

No offense intended.

shartley
06-07-2002, 11:42 AM
I understand… no offense taken.

IMHO, it sounded like we make promises that we don't keep. That may be true for some, but I find it hard to believe that most of the people here on AO is like that. She mentioned quite clear (in her post in the Dealer’s Forum) that her grip business took off because of AO, that would make one believe that those making the majority of requests were AO members. I did not make these requests, nor did I not keep any “promises” that I made. I only pointed out that quite a lot of folks DIDN’T.

Just because we may find something hard to believe, does not make it not so. There are over 5000 AO members… lots of room for “types” there.

She did say that she was going to start again and I'm sure she is a smart girl and could figure if out for her self not to count every promise as a sale.I am not arguing that point. But she DID get burned before. I was only pointing this out as a general observation.. nothing more.

I'm sorry it just sounded like you were trying to be the "Lone Ranger" and slam dunking those who said they would support her when she started up again.

No offense intended.
Again, that was not my intent. So, that would indeed make your post irrelevant as to my actual post. You clearly misunderstood the reasons behind my post (as often happens on AO) and drew the wrong conclusion from it. That being said… No offence taken. And explaining ones position and actual intent, to clear up any misunderstanding, is not defending oneself, it is simply clearing up the misunderstanding.

I have nothing to defend one way or the other. Plus, it would be silly to defend myself from every case of misunderstanding (i.e. people getting upset about something that I never actually said or intended as a meaning.. thus making it THEIR mistake, and not mine.). Some things are best left alone and dropped. This would be one of them. ;)

BartManSr
06-07-2002, 12:30 PM
Lone Ranger (just a joke), you spend too much time on the net. I'm here just waiting for a client (maybe a "no show") Anyway, I still don't agree with you.

In your remark that I "clearly misunderstood the reasons behind your post (as often happens on AO) and drew the wrong conclusion from it", I was responding to what you wrote, not what you were thinking or reasoning.

It think most of the stuff is redundant anyhow.
So let's find a better topic.

shartley
06-07-2002, 12:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Thank you for telling me what you THINK I spend way too much time on.

As for the rest... you get two :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So let's find a better topic.
I AGREE.

Army
06-07-2002, 01:17 PM
Thank you Heather:)

I'm still trying to decide what scheme to have done. I was going to go through another AO member who makes way cool grips, but I think I'll use his style for Big Red instead, and yours for the Baron.

BUT I'M NOT ASKING FOR GRIPS RIGHT NOW, SO DON'T MAKE ANY FOR ME UNTIL I ACTUALLY ORDER THEM, AND SEND YOU THE MONEY FIRST!!:D:D:D:D

(That was a hint to all of you that are now thinking of getting you own grips made....)

:cool: