PDA

View Full Version : My E-Mag Success Story

snakestang
06-06-2002, 06:39 AM
Here is a little background on the marker. This E-mag was acquired in a trade almost a year ago. It was a powerfeed body hopper left. Nothing special just the standard stuff.

First off I started with a standard 12vlt Revy on top of the powerfeed. This seemed to work ok until I started hammering on it. This would result in chops and barrel breaks.

Then I went to a warp feed with dual batteries. Things got worse from there. I was using a cut down H/L body with an PTP warp adapter on top of that. Even at 8 bps it would chop like a blender making a milkshake. I was baffled. I was told that a warp feed was the only thing out there to solve ball breakage. I was pissed and confused, ready to drop this thing for an Angel.

My best friend has an E-Mag with a warp feed and a warp left body. He said that my problem was the body. Well ok, I have spent this much time and money why not give it a shot. I managed to find one cheap (150.00 thanks Rouge Factor) and proceeded to give this a shot. To my surprise everything was working pretty well together. I still couldn't hammer on it without chops but at least set at 12 bps in short bursts it would not chop.

So, still chopping. Next move was to run the warp and revy off the E-Mag battery pack. Warp was running at 12 volts and revy at a straight up 18 volts. This is when things started to get MUCH better. I could hammer on it and empty a hopper without stopping and no chops! I have a little mess of wires and I usually charge the battery the night before play but I can tell you its well worth it. Everything is smooth as butter now. I was having some Freak issues as well but that has been straightened out.

I can still only shoot high quality paint (Marbs) but I can deal with that as long as they are available at tourneys and the shop. It may seem strange but once I supplied the warp with extra power my whole game changed and I love my E-Mag. Hopefully Level 10 will solve the slamming of cheap paint.
------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note. Another one of our team members (DryIce) acquired an E-Mag as well and he was having the same problems. He is starting where I was. H/L body and a warp with a powerfeed adapter. Same thing all over again. Chopping like mad even at 8 bps and a warp. He tried moving the warp hose all over the place, from underneath, from underneath with a warp adapter, and from the top with a warp adapter.

While still scratching our heads our friend says "here, try my HALO". Well duhh on us. He put on a feed neck and slapped the HALO on there and BAM!! Success. Two full hoppers of old paint shot in Hybrid and E at 16 bps and no chops. Who would have thought that one? He has it up for trade since its has back up marker, but I think the HALO thing might have changed his mind. We will see.

Oh well that's it for now but I just thought I would share some good stories of success.
Chris

Bartleby
06-06-2002, 07:53 AM
good story, gave me something to read through classes. :D :D

DryIce
06-06-2002, 08:19 AM
correction chris
i believe i chopped one with the halo on it ;)

RobAGD
06-06-2002, 08:57 AM
Did you guys ever thing to take it to a shop where there is a AGD Tech working to see what might be wrong with your setup ?

-Robert

snakestang
06-06-2002, 09:12 AM
Derek you chopped one in hybrid letting it run away.:D

Rob there is nothing wrong with the Mags other then they need the proper setup. Once the loading problem has been overcome the sun can shine again. We are close to you so maybe Derek can bring it up and let you tinker with it.

See Ya