PDA

View Full Version : minimag question

assault333
06-06-2002, 09:50 AM
im thinking of getting a minimag from firstcallpaintball.com and have a few question

1. the centerfeed is $20 cheaper than the powerfeed, comparing the 2 picture from their website the grip and the barrel are different. which is better?

http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pics/416.jpg

http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pics/dscn0500.jpg

2. hopper right or left? are this an option for the right or left handed?

3. do they have good customer service?

thanks.

Bartleby
06-06-2002, 10:05 AM
The only difference are the grips and the barrels (as you pointed out). The bottom is a j&j ceramic and i don't know what the top one is. The top grips are AGD's wrap grips and only cost 10 or 15 bucks anyways. As for the decsion to go vertical feed or powerfeed, it's really all preference. I like hopper to the left of my gun so i can shoot out the right side of a bunker and aim down the left side of my gun. I'm also right handed. however, should you decide you want to go warp feed, either imediately or in the near future, then you may want to consider which side you want your warp on and get the opposite side hopper (the warp hose feeds into the bottom of the powerfeed tube). for support, AGD's customer service is second to none. you couldn't ask a company to take better care of you...:D :D

hope this helps.

davej946
06-06-2002, 10:06 AM
Hopefully I can help you out a little...

1. The center feed is cheaper because it comes with the older grips, typically found on the Classic Automag. The centerfeed also limits your loader options a bit. If I were you, I'd get a powerfeed, even though the centerfeed comes with a niocer barrel (either left or right, we'll get to that in a moment). The powerfeed allows you to more easily put a warp feed on the marker if you wish. And those molded grips are 100x more comfortable than the originals.

2. Hopper left vs Hopper right puts the hopper on the shooters left or right, respectively. So as you look at the gun from behind, as if you were shooting it, it would be on the left for a hopper left, and on the right for a hopper right. Bear in mind if you plan to add a warp feed eventually, a hopper right setup is ideal for a right handed shooter using a warp, and a hopper left is ideal for a left handed shooter using a warp...

3. I've never dealt with firstcallpaintball, so I can't help you there. Althought I will tell you that the first minimag pictured looks like it is the "boxed" version distributed by AGD. The second looks like a mix and match setup that this company put together with extra parts laying around.

Hope this Helps ~ Dave

magsRus
06-06-2002, 11:48 AM
firstcallpaintball is the best!

My team orders about 600 dollars worth of paint, upgrades, and stuff from them. They never mess your order up and they get it all shipped out to you in a matter of two or three days. Its the online paintball store your dreamed of seeing.

As for p/f and verticle feed def go for p/f verticle feed you will chop balls because they will get blown up towards the hopper

boggerman
06-06-2002, 01:32 PM
One other little note, vert. feed really limits your barrel options, mag barrels are setup for hopper left or right and only a few (like the J&J Ceramic) can be ordered for vert. feed.

assault333
06-06-2002, 10:02 PM
paintballgear.com got them for 279 but they messed up my first transaction, should i give them a second chance?

i decided to get the hopper right but not planning to buy a warp feed since i have a good 12v revvy.

thanks for the help.

CleenSweep
06-06-2002, 11:33 PM
I have owned a vert feed minimag and I loved it. The highrise got rid of the chopping paint problem. As for the barrel options, I just took all my barrels and a drill and drilled a notch into the right feed side so the barrel would stay vertical. I did this to a teardrop, Dye aluminum, and a Boomstick. I never had a problem and it only takes like five minutes. Plus everybody gave me great comments about the looks of my gun. The hopper doesn't stick up as far as you would think. It's the same as a p/f. I know because I measured.

The only reason I gave up my vertical was to go low profile with my warp. But after I bought a new body for my warp someone showed how to hook it up to his vertical feed mag.

Mine worked very well and as a matter of fact I still have the body and the J&J ceramic that came with it. I still love them both. It worked like a dream.:D

Nomad
06-30-2002, 01:28 AM
Edit: Nevermind.......