PDA

View Full Version : ReTro Valve

codeJockey
06-06-2002, 10:23 AM
I put a ReTro on my Mag about a month ago & was using a constant pressure tank. I finally picked up a tank w/an adjustable reg. I know that a number of people recommend an input pressure to the ReTro of around 1000 psi, so I set my pressure to that.

Now when I pull the trigger just right, I'll get 'burts' of shots of varying string lengths, and I'm not really 'pulling' the trigger during these strings; just kinda keeping my trigger pull at the same level.

I have never shot a ReTro before this one, so I don't know if this is the 'trigger bounce' that the ReTro is supposed to do, or the 'Full Auto' that I have read about that will eventually tear up the sear & bolt. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanx...

Bartleby
06-06-2002, 10:29 AM
yes, i do believe that is the "reactiveness" you have read about. What the valve does is puts preasure on the on/off pin forcing the sear back and thus giving a good resistance to the trigger. when pulled just right, you can have it "bounce" and, in a way, acheive full auto. I don't believe it will actuallly wear down the bolt/sear any faster than any normal setup. i consider the wear to be proportional to how many shots it takes. so, should you take 1000 shots while bouncing the reactive trigger, you will apply the same amount of wear as 1000 shots without bouncing it.

Bartleby
06-06-2002, 10:29 AM
by the way, that's a real nice mag you got pictured in your sig...:D

TheTramp
06-06-2002, 03:33 PM
I would turn your input down to 850-900psi. While the run away reactivity you are discribing shouldn't hurt your internals, it does greatly increase the chances of you chopping.

codeJockey
06-06-2002, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the info!

So far (knock on wood) I have experienced not a single ball-break, thanks to my ever-trusty WarpFeed. :D

The air usage isn't a huge deal, either (got a 88ci Armageddon & a Scuba tank). I was more worried about tearing up my internals. It would be a bummer if I blew the end off of my sear mid-game...

Is AGD a public company? I think I should buy some stock... :)

FordPrefect
06-07-2002, 11:56 AM
The only public paintball company I've seen is Brass Eagle, they are "XTRM".