PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Dual Nubbins

Viral
06-06-2002, 02:51 PM
A friend of mine had suggested that the nubbins inside the barrel on one side might result in causing ball spin (by creating more friction on one side of the ball). If this is true, a second nubbin on the exact opposite side of the barrel would counter this.

Has AGD looked into this and tested to see if a second nubbin would make any difference? Seems like a long shot, but every little bit helps.

--Viral

drx975
06-06-2002, 03:26 PM
If the nubbins actually made spin on the ball you would see the ball come out of the barrel and fly off in some direction way off target. Only a lot of force on the shell will do anything. The nubbins hardly have any force on the shell of the paintball and really do not create friction to the paintball. There isnt any spin on the ball, and even if there was, it wouldnt be enough to spin the ball one rotation.

Telefragged
06-06-2002, 04:53 PM
E-Mag and RT Pro stock barrels come with 2 plastic nubbins, although it seems like aftermarket manufacturers aren't doing the same.

FrAuStY
06-07-2002, 12:37 PM
I had to put to p-nubbins in my teardrop when I got my warp. Otherwise it'd double feed. I noticed no gain in "Accuracy/consistency" with two over one. I should look into getting some plastic nubbins but I heard you don't need them unless you're having feed problems using V and p nubbins.. who knows.

drx975
06-07-2002, 01:29 PM
I recently bought a parts kit (yes an AGD one) and got the plastic nubbins. They really look like they will last longer and are less rough on paint. When installed, only a little tip protrudes and bends back easily, but not too easily. Also unlike thin metal wires, it will take much longer to crack the thicker plastic ones. I bet it will be a year before I break it. And then we will see if it does anything to my barrel, hopefully and probably not.