PDA

View Full Version : Cocker Question, no problem just me+cocker=dumb, but I need help

LawFox32
06-06-2002, 08:29 PM
ok well i am trying to install a Low Pressure Chamber I got and after a few failed attempts I have decided to ask my good friends at AO, cuz i am lost in the woods, well this is it, I just can't get the damn Low Pressure Reg off to take out the nut where I put on the LPC, so would someone help me thanx, and i know how people say that if you try to do stuff to a cocker yourself that you will screw it up if you don't know what your doing, well I have just been cracking away at this thing and I just put everything together aired it up and it shot great

well thanx in advance for the help

LawFox32
06-06-2002, 09:00 PM
some ones gotta know,how do I get that darn LPR off

the jackal
06-07-2002, 04:33 PM
First you need to disconnect the hose from the lpr to the 3-way then remove the lpr. there should be a peice on the back of the lpr that looks like a hex nut. you will have to use a wrench to remove the lpr then take the gas block screw off with an allen wrench and replace it with the low pressure chamber. What kind of lpr is on your cocker. The stock one may be locktited in. Also, what kind of valve do you have in your cocker because you're not going to see any improvement in efficiency or lower your pressure with the stock valve. Actually I think the only valve that makes a lpc worthwhile is the tornado valve, maybe the rat3 but I doubt it.

LawFox32
06-07-2002, 05:29 PM
thanks for the help I have the stock sledgehammer LPR, what is the hex nut you are talking about and where is it, cuz I think that is the reason why i can't get it out, and i don't know who makes the LPC but i am getting either a tornado or a rat soon so I decided to get the LPC early,plus it looks sweet

the jackal
06-07-2002, 06:24 PM
The hex nut peice should be right behind the lpr on the brass screw that connects it to the f.block. I know what you mean about the looks; lpc's look pretty cool. I love when I go to a local field and someone asks "Hey, what are all those things on the front of your gun?" I have a rat3 in my cocker and it has done wonders for my efficiency. I went from about 450 shots with a 47/3000 to about 700 when it was set up right. If you do get a rat when you set it up use the springs that come with it and start with your ivg all the way out (flush with the back of your gun). Then adjust your reg over the chrono and set it to where you get your highest possible velocity. Last slowly screw your ivg in until you get the velocity you want. That will give you your highest possible efficiency without having to mess around with a spring kit. If you get a tornado valve it will be a bit harder to set up because you will need a high flow reg and bolt in addition to your lpc but from what I hear it's worth it.

LawFox32
06-08-2002, 11:19 AM
thanx for the help, I finally got the LPC on and it looks sweet, but I could never get that darn brass hex wrench fitting off, eventually i just unscrewed the Sledge off of the fitting and i could get the LPC on w/ that gone, but I could not get the fitting off, and everytime I tried it wouldn't move it would just strip the fitting a bit,and a scratched my front block trying so i am not happy about that but oh-well i am happy

the jackal
06-08-2002, 11:59 AM
That kinda sucks, it must have been locktited at the factory. At least you were able to get the lpc on. I stripped out the set screw under my front block trying to get it out so I could mount a guage there and even bent my allen wrench so I feel your pain;)

steve638
06-08-2002, 09:29 PM
come visit the forums at air-powered.com we are a cocker owners group and will be glad to help you with any questions or problems

LawFox32
06-09-2002, 07:47 AM
I have actually been to AIR, I think I have only posted like once, but I have checked out the FAQ and the other sections and they are really good, I just haven't gotten into it but it won't be long and I will be a regular guy there, but I will just be dividing my time w/ AO and AIR; hey and Jackal thanks alot for the help w/ my cocker, that nut must be lock-tited in, but man its not coming off I ran it under hot water to try and loosen the loctite but nothing it was weird