PDA

View Full Version : Palmer STABILIZER

Evil Emperor
06-07-2002, 06:00 PM
Im looking for somthing to keep liquid out of my Mini Ive heard the Palmer Stabilizer works good. But Ive heard the you can starve mags with an extra reg. Plz someone let me know how it works.

Magluvr
06-07-2002, 06:36 PM
The Palmer works great!!!!! I have one for my MiniMag, it DOES NOT STARVE the gun. Just make sure you set it to a high enough pressure, so it keeps out the liquid. and you will be fine. The best way to set the Palmer is to screw in the mag's reg ALL the way. Now adjust the Palmer so that the mag is shooting at ~350 fps. Now turn down you mag's reg so that it is at the desired speed. If you do this you won't starve your gun, and so far it has blocked ALL the liquid from getting into my gun.
Good Luck!!!!

cletus
06-08-2002, 08:29 PM
The Stab is great. I have played in weather near freezing and have had no problems with this reg on my gun. 3 of my friends have mags and they all had problems in that type of weather. I'd give it a 10 out of 10 for cold weather play.

WickeDKlowN
06-09-2002, 12:56 AM
just keep the output high(about 850-900) and it should work just like the reg on a N2 tank, and you wont starve your mag

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
06-09-2002, 02:47 AM
Why dont you just get a nitro tank...

Nomad
06-09-2002, 05:51 PM
Some people don't have a money for a good nitro tank, while for some others nitro may not be readily availible at thier local field or anywhere near them.

FactsOfLife
06-09-2002, 07:25 PM
I've used stabs on various Co2 setups and loved them. For Co2 they can't be beat.

Telefragged
06-09-2002, 08:36 PM
I agree that Palmer Stabilizers are a great way to keep liquid outa your marker, while at the same time getting rid of CO2 inconsistency. But, say you buy a sideline Stabilizer for $70, for $10 more you could have an albiet cheap, HPA tank, but HPA nonetheless. In that case, I don't think a Stabilizer is warranted. But, in situatuations where HPA fills aren't readily availible, or are not cost-effective, then a Stab is the way to go for liquid protection!

Evil Emperor
06-09-2002, 09:35 PM
I have a nitro tank but there arnt any close fields and a shop 5 mins away as co2. Thanks guys I'll see when my wallet alows.