PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Design

Mav D MagMan
06-07-2002, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure if this has been addressed before but I have no idea of even what to be searching for to find it... but why is that large gap between the bottom of the barrel and the top of the battery pack present, even on even the C&C E-Mags?

It really degrades the aesthetics in my humble opinion, has no one complained or am I just a minority on this issue? A milling job that found a fluid way to eliminate that hole would probably improve the looks of the marker greatly, but that's just my $.02

If my description of the gap isn't specific enough I'll try and get a picture of it, with the section circled.

Mav D MagMan
06-12-2002, 09:21 AM
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/c8410770/bc/My+Photos/why.jpg?bcoRvL9Awhu00vRp

Here's a pic of the area in question...

athomas
06-12-2002, 09:30 AM
To fill in that area would add metal and therefore increase the overall weight of the marker. I suspect we may see further reductions in aluminum on future mags as custom milling becomes available from distributors when the SFL goes into full production.

Mav D MagMan
06-12-2002, 06:55 PM
I can see that, but why cant they make it look better? ;)

Thanks for the answer though, it is the only one I've gotten from this lot and one that really makes sense.

athomas
06-12-2002, 08:24 PM
Actually, I don't mind the look. But the more I look at it, I guess one could round the edges above the battery a little better to give a smoother look to the marker.