PDA

View Full Version : mag freak and extreme bolt

rudy
06-07-2002, 11:22 PM
it has been said that the new extremes have bolt with a tighter fit due to the breech not changing inner diameter like a mag barrel does, my question is will this bolt that fits the extremes also fit ina freak barrel system? or does the bolt travel into the inserts on the freak or is the freaks inner diameter at the breach to small.

Lone Gunman
06-08-2002, 10:44 AM
I do believe that the Extremes will use cocker threads instead of the conventional mag type barrel.

Jonno06
06-08-2002, 10:52 AM
he knows that,he means,if you have cocker freak,will the bolt hit the insert??

i do not think it will,since the insert is very small....

RT_Luver
06-08-2002, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't think so. I dont think the bolt goes into the barrel anymore then anyother bolt goes into a barrel

barretc
06-08-2002, 01:50 PM
i have a micromag RT///and its the same beach concept...and the bolt does not come anywhere neer the barrel ...im sure they have already thought of that neways

rudy
06-08-2002, 10:58 PM
aactually i dont think any one understands what im saying so i might have said it wrong or something. Here is what i want to know can i take a bolt from and extreme with the wider diameter and put it in my regular mag barrel if it is a freak barrel because if the bolt does not touch the inserts and the inner diameter of a automag freak breach is a wide enough bore it should work and give better effeciency and less blowback on a regular non extreme mag

Dubstar112
06-09-2002, 12:25 AM
Rudy, I understand what you are saying. I think it would work, but you might have issues still because the superbolt will eventually wear down. I think it would be better if, AGD or, somone made a :bolt freak:. A bolt with 3 or 4 different od's for breech drop mags, to provide an extra ammount of non blow back gas.. hard to describe what I mean....

rudy
06-09-2002, 10:49 AM
the reason I ask is cause I plan on testing lvl 10 and what i would liek to do it order the 1v1 10 upgrade for the extreme if it would work in my freak, instead of ordering the normal mag one wich will come with a rather small bolt since all the regular ones are like that

Kaiser Bob
06-09-2002, 02:45 PM
I dont think the extreme bolt will even go thru the spring retaining washer (or whatever its called) on the normal mag body.

rudy
06-09-2002, 10:19 PM
well what i really need is for someone to give me some for sure answers. perhaps someone with a extreme bolt could see if it fits in the automag freak back and see if it can pass the spring retainer int eh mag body for me

rudy
06-20-2002, 11:13 PM
cmon anyone?

mykroft
06-20-2002, 11:15 PM
The bolt will not hit the barrel on an extreme, as it doesn't move far enough forward.

rudy
06-21-2002, 05:01 PM
I understand what takes place in the extreme what i need to know is if I can pull it off in a regular body with freak back