PDA

View Full Version : Lewis VS Tyson...

Kai
06-08-2002, 11:20 PM
Man...was anyone else dissapointed with how Tyson didn't even bother to fight? His worst performance...ever.

On a lighter note, I have an excellent quote from Tyson...afterwards.

"Lewis was a prolithic fighter, and I take my hands off to him."

Indeed.

WARPED1
06-08-2002, 11:31 PM
YEAH LEWIS!

Hemlock86
06-08-2002, 11:49 PM
Man...was anyone else dissapointed with how Tyson didn't even bother to fight?

Yea he was to busy getting the crap kicked out of him.

TooDamnSweet
06-09-2002, 12:18 AM
I don't watch boxing very much but I did see this one. I thought Tyson would've put up a better fight too.

speedballbanks
06-09-2002, 12:35 AM
tyson lost tyson lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaah nooooooooo i had 30 bucks on him shilt damn how many rounds?? it is because he was over weight they must have given his meds to him tonight that is why he lost.

TooDamnSweet
06-09-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by speedballbanks
tyson lost tyson lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaah nooooooooo i had 30 bucks on him shilt damn how many rounds?? it is because he was over weight they must have given his meds to him tonight that is why he lost.

Lewis dropped Tyson in the 8th round. Sorry you lost 30 bucks. :(

obsolete898
06-09-2002, 02:10 AM
tyson lost tyson lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaah nooooooooo i had 30 bucks on him shilt damn how many rounds?? it is because he was over weight they must have given his meds to him tonight that is why he lost. \

Sorry to tell you but he can't fight no more. He lost all his skill, and he thinks he can win on aggresion and pure punching power. He was completely out classed to begin with. Not to mention he gave up like 8 inches of reach to lewis. All Lewis did was jap the heck out of him and then landed some nasty upper cuts. It was a good lesson on how to get the ever lovin snot beat out of you.

Sorry to all the Tyson fans but he's all washed up. Not to mention a complete raving lunatic, rapist and wife beater. Great guy :rolleyes:

gibby
06-09-2002, 02:51 AM
LOL!! Yeah, I used to love to watch Tyson fight but after that whole ordeal that landed him in jail, not to mention his canabalistic tendancies, you tend to lose some respect for "Tyson the Fighter" and see him as "Tyson the Thug."

MagMan5446
06-09-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by gibby
LOL!! Yeah, I used to love to watch Tyson fight but after that whole ordeal that landed him in jail, not to mention his canabalistic tendancies, you tend to lose some respect for "Tyson the Fighter" and see him as "Tyson the Thug."

Tyson? A thug? Ha, not with that voice.

heh, I won 5 bucks...

TooDamnSweet
06-09-2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by gibby

I think he got hit in the head one too many times. He uses big words but in the wrong context and he never answers the reporters questions. I knew he lost it when he said he was gonna eat that guys kids....even thought the guy didn't have any kids....strange.

Snooky
06-09-2002, 04:59 AM
yeah figures tyson is washed up and is 5'11 and lewis is 6'5 and not washed up. anyone fool could have picked the winner here.

X-Plosive
06-09-2002, 02:18 PM
It only cost me like $54.95, I'm not possitive but it seemed as if Tyson wasn't even trying, there was a complete lack of effort on his part......

To be honest, when I watch Tyson fight I think of him as Tyson the fighter, because I enjoy watching his fights doesn't mean I support what he does outside of the ring. I could care less as long as I receive entrtainment. I treat many musicians the same way, think about Michael jackson for instance.....not that I like his music but I credit him for his performance and not look down on him for the charges of rape......:(

the JoKeR
06-09-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by TooDamnSweet

I think he got hit in the head one too many times. He uses big words but in the wrong context and he never answers the reporters questions. I knew he lost it when he said he was gonna eat that guys kids....even thought the guy didn't have any kids....strange.

Being associated with Don King for all those years did him no good regarding his verbal skills.
Having heard about his upbringing, his stature today doesn't surprise me. The psychological issues he has now from his upbringing, handling from the King camp, and the millions of dollars he made fighting could fill a book.

OnyX
06-09-2002, 10:41 PM
yeah i was disappointed in the fight i though tyson would have done a lot better, but man does he have a strong chin to take all them direct blows till the 8th round.

FactsOfLife
06-09-2002, 10:44 PM
well here's looking forward to Tyson's future appearances on Celebrity Boxing!

Hey Joey Buttafuco(sp) come get some of Rusty Iron Mike.... that'll learn ya for beatin up on Chyna....

gibby
06-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by X-Plosive
It only cost me like $54.95, I'm not possitive but it seemed as if Tyson wasn't even trying, there was a complete lack of effort on his part......

To be honest, when I watch Tyson fight I think of him as Tyson the fighter, because I enjoy watching his fights doesn't mean I support what he does outside of the ring. ...

I'll give you that...but what about the fight against Holyfield? Tell me biting people's ears off is a part of boxing and maybe I'll give you that one too.

I used to love to watch him maul down his opponents in the first few seconds way back when. He was like a raging bull and no one could stop him. I don't see that in him anymore, at least not in the last fight.

Granted, I know the guy probably doesn't know how to do anything else, but I think he's trying too hard to try to regain a crown that has passed him by long ago.

SlipknotX556
06-10-2002, 01:24 AM
I dont know if anyone posted this already but their was a 3 million dollar setelment with this fight. If any of the 2 did any un sportsman like thing. Meaning if tyson kicked the crap outta lewis after the fight, lewis would get 3 million dollars. and if lewis kicked the crap outta tyson after the fight tyson would get 3 million.

gibby
06-10-2002, 09:14 AM
You know what? Even if Tyson lost, I'm sure he still got a lot of money from the fight. Anyone know how much that amount was? I'm sure he made more money in one night than I will make in a year.

Heck, I beat Mike Tyson when he was in his prime and I didn't get any money for it. I did it for the love of beating up a tough guy. And before anyone calls me a liar, I'm not joking. I beat him in "Mike Tyson's Super Punchout!" :D

The Frymarker
06-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Hey Guys,

I watched the whole fight and I am an avid boxer fan.

Personally, in the beginning Tyson came out as usual with a bang, in the first round, you could see how hyped he was, using a lot of foot work, I personally thought that when Lewis sat down after the first bell, he had the look of " I hope he doesn't keep up at this pace"

Then as always the Tyson way of boxing rang through in the third round. He started to slow down, he doesn't have the stamina to go past 5 rounds, he doesn't have it in him.

When he started to bleed from both eyes you knew he was done for because there was no way he could see clearly.

Lewis did as he has always done, he played technically.

I personally wanted to see Tyson win, because I am truly sick of Lewis saying he is pound for pound the best boxer in the world. In my opinion No he isn't he has been beaten and someone needs to throw him off his thone for good, or have him retire. We need some new fresh blood up there.

I truly feel pound for pound the best boxer in the world was Rocky Marciano and he went out untouched.

I also like Roy Jones, he is amazing to watch!

Just my 2 cents:D

shartley
06-10-2002, 10:03 AM
I agree… I do not think he (Lewis) is pound for pound the best fighter out there… and Roy Jones Jr. is easily more fitting of that title. Lewis is a great fighter, no arguing that, but I feel he thinks much too highly of himself.

The Frymarker
06-10-2002, 10:26 AM
I forgot to mention a few other favorites of mine:

Joe Frasier, the fight between him and Ali was amazing when Frasier won, I just like the underdog.

George Foreman, I think he has the nicest personality in boxing, everytime I here him commentating on HBO he puts a smile on my face, he always smiles! He's great!

I also like Fernando Vargas, he is still young but I think he is very good at what he does, I think his future looks bright.

paintbattler
06-10-2002, 11:54 AM
i knew all along that lewis would winm, but i kinda wanted tyson to. lol

ICOM
06-10-2002, 02:40 PM
They both get paid the same so tyson didn;t care. Plus lewis's reach was twice as long as tysons. When tyson got close lewis would just push him or if he didn;t lewis would of got his *** beat.

shartley
06-10-2002, 03:24 PM
Would have.. could have… schmud have. ;) They both knew each other’s stats before signing the contract.

No matter how you slice or dice it, Tyson lost because he was not as good…. For whatever reason.

If Tyson would have won, what would people have said then? “Tyson had the advantage because he got in too close for Lewis to use his reach…..” :rolleyes:

And to say Tyson did not care… LOL You are kidding right?
:D :D :D :D

giblit
06-11-2002, 10:46 AM
tyson got like 80 million dollars for biting hollyfields ear off, and he only got like 17 million for fighting lewis. would you get your azz beat for 17 million dollars? i sure would you may be in a coma for awhile but when you wake up youll be rich!:D

speedballbanks
06-11-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by giblit
tyson got like 80 million dollars for biting hollyfields ear off, and he only got like 17 million for fighting lewis. would you get your azz beat for 17 million dollars? i sure would you may be in a coma for awhile but when you wake up youll be rich!:D

or you could just have him swing near your face and fly back and get knocked out the first swing!!!!!