PDA

View Full Version : Front frame screw stuck, won't come out!

scott_p_1
06-09-2002, 09:11 AM
Hey everybody,
Has anybody else had a problem with the front frame screw on their mag? Mine is completely stuck... And I'm scared that I may be starting to strip the screw trying to get it out. Anybody have any suggestions?

rjvemt1
06-09-2002, 09:31 AM
beaverbank?! thats priceless:D. ok,spray wd40 around the base of the screw head, then put the end of a screwdriver against the side of the screw and tap it lightly. do this frome as many angles as you can, then repeat the process a couple of times.get a real heavy duty allen wrench,like a 't'-handle and press into it really hard so that the allen doesnt come out of the screw head and that should do the trick.good luck

blackmag3
06-09-2002, 03:58 PM
a friend of mine had the say problem. he had an odd way of correcting it. what he did was locktite the allen wrench head to the screw and once it hardened he used lots of force and wrenched it off. he bought a new screw of course.

naDz
06-11-2002, 08:09 AM
when i bought my mag the head was completely stripped so i grabbed my trusty drill and drilled the head off of the screw.... worked like a charm didnt even touch the paint job.

FrAuStY
06-11-2002, 10:01 AM
I'd suggest maybe PB-Blaster (penetrating lube, sounds funny) Remove you barrel if you haven't already. Behind the barrel-lock pin there should be abother hole. Thats where the front grip screw tightens into the body. Use the tube supplied with the PB-blaster and spray just a drop directly into that hole.. let it sit for about 5-10 minutes.. come back and put another drop in the same hole. Wait 5-10 minutes then you should be able to remove it. This shouldn't hurt the Stainless steel of the body. You may want to replace that screw. Make sure you use a rag to wipe up any lube that you can see. I'd suggest putting some wd-40 on the new screw, as it prevents rusts as long as theres some on the screw.