PDA

View Full Version : Warp and Trigger Question

Krazy Ivan
06-10-2002, 07:17 AM
I have a warp from when they first came out, and this weekend when I played it was acting funny. Instead of turning at every vibration, it seemed like it tried to turn but couldn't get past the paint. I had Diablo Blaze running through it at first, and that just didn't work at all for it. However then I put Legends into it, and sometimes it would slide past the balls but then other times it wouldn't?! (I was using a Duracell battery, and the pully system was still using the brass thing instead of the newer plastic)

On another note, I realized at the field that my trigger pull was horrendously hard compared to my buddy's cocker, and another friend of mine's shocker.(Well the shocker is an obvious one, it's electro)
However the trigger pull was definetly substantially harder than I would like, is there any way to lighten it? Polishing the sear or something?

I hope I've given enough info, and I'm sorry to lump them together, but it was just easier.

Krazy Ivan
06-10-2002, 09:54 AM
BUMP ^
|

I really need help on lightening the trigger and fixing the warp so it will actually spin past the balls...

hitech
06-10-2002, 10:09 AM
The paintballs might be too big for the warp. Take it apart and place a ball between the warp disks. They should gently grap the paintball. You shouldn't have to stuff it in. If it is to big, make a shim (Tom uses tape on the center hub) to space the disks apart. Oiling the disks helps also.

a_malfunction
06-10-2002, 05:22 PM
The drive belt could have been slipping as well.

Krazy Ivan
06-11-2002, 07:03 AM
I just disassembled my warp and checked everything out. It seems to rattle when it runs which I found odd. However that isn't the reason for the post.

After cleaning the entire warp, when I tried to remount it on my gun, I couldn't. The screws would slip in and out of the holes in the top without resistance. I didn't strip the screws, they're fine. And the shell looks just like I had left it.

Could I have screwed the 2 halves together too tightly or something??

Krazy Ivan
06-11-2002, 07:19 AM
I was just looking through the exploded parts picture, and found I never had a part that is listed. I have an older warp, I have one of the initial one's. I got it in a promotion with my mini when TK did a visit to Adventure Games Paintball in New Hampshire.

I'm missing the circled part, or rather, never had it.

speedballbanks
06-11-2002, 08:29 AM
that would be the dust cover they are very cheap, it helps to keep debri out of the board and pully area.

rjvemt1
06-11-2002, 08:37 AM
However the trigger pull was definetly substantially harder than I would like, is there any way to lighten it? Polishing the sear or something? this will remove the hard coating on the sear and cause it to wear out.get a hyperframe or atleast a double trigger. the double trigger wont make it lighter but it will feel that way because your using two fingers instead of one.

FrAuStY
06-11-2002, 09:14 AM
Actually I think the part circled is the plate on the warp where the screws tighten into, to hold the warp on the actual warp mounting plate. If you don't have that.. you wanna check in the warp feed parts section on AGD's site.

Warp Parts (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=17&CATID=6&ObjectGroup_ID=14)

Krazy Ivan
06-11-2002, 09:27 AM
That piece looks like it's to go under the circuit board now that I look. But I do need to find out why I can't screw the warp back onto the mounting plate anymore. :(

The descr. of the plate says it's for the ciruit board...My bad

Potatoboy
06-11-2002, 10:06 AM
there are two square nuts that go in between the two shells that grab the screws. the shell isn't threaded, just the nuts. You had to have had them, otherwise it would never have screwed in. That's probably what's rattling around too.

:D

personman
06-11-2002, 10:11 AM
*pats tater on the head*
Smart boy!
I was gonna say.. TIME NOW FOR A NEW WARP!

Krazy Ivan
06-11-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Potatoboy
there are two square nuts that go in between the two shells that grab the screws. the shell isn't threaded, just the nuts. You had to have had them, otherwise it would never have screwed in. That's probably what's rattling around too.

:D

God, download the song by steven lynch "If I were "

Cause that's how I feel now...Just trust me.

I have really bad carpeting in my room, so the nuts are prolly lost in the carpet somewhere.