PDA

View Full Version : Epic paintgun

Schnitzel
06-10-2002, 09:29 AM
well, it came to me as quite a shock when i found this out a while back. a bolt-less semi-auto, referred to as the Epic paintball marker. Has anybody had a chance to play with it? I've only seen it in demos, and have heard that it is tested quite regularly at SCVillage. I must say, it looks smaller than a 'mag, and lighter too.

http://www.icepaintball.com

shartley
06-10-2002, 09:45 AM
I saw that quite a while ago. I will not comment on how it works because they only have 2 reviews on the site and I really have not heard much about it in general paintball circles. I WILL however say that I don’t find it very stylish, and think it borders on ugly.. if not crosses over.

Patron God of Pirates
06-10-2002, 09:52 AM
It would be nice to see a new marker that actually has some new capabilities. 9BPS with a 100 ms recharge rate, they can keep it.

The low pressure trap door is, in the end, no different than a low pressure bolt.

TheTramp
06-10-2002, 10:51 AM
While the gun itself it prety ugly, I really like the "Psycho-Flage" ano pattern.

KayleAGD
06-10-2002, 02:55 PM
I got to handle one at the am-open last year. I seemed to work ok but the best thing is it's a new idea. Most of the guns today are clones of the angel or shocker. This gun has mostly new engineering ideas so I give them alot of credit for leading and not following the pack..

AngelBoy
06-10-2002, 04:36 PM
I am a freak about these things. ICE has done an amazing job I think. Very nice, innovative design. It doesn't have a very high rate of fire, but most people can't shoot regular 68classics very fast either without chopping.

As far as the trap door working like a low-pressure bolt, not really. The thing has 8 lbs of pressure behind it, thats not much, that would have to be a very low pressure bolt.

They might not be as fast as an Angel, but they are as reliable and easy as a mag. Very simple to take apart and oil. Runs good on Co2 also.

I recommend this gun for anyone, especially those who dont always have access to a lot of paint or nitro.

mykroft
06-10-2002, 05:31 PM
Innovative design, severly overpriced. Last i checked it was about $750US for a low-end marker. When they get the price down to sub-$400 and use a setup that allows standard bottomline mounts I'll think about trying one.

I would like to see the basic design go somewhere though, it's a neat idea.

RT_Luver
06-10-2002, 09:51 PM
their was one at my local store and it looked really odd

paintbattler
06-10-2002, 09:58 PM
yea i think they are odd too