PDA

View Full Version : Lok-Soks

AssassN
06-10-2002, 02:00 PM
I have an ACI adjustable 110ci tank. Will a lok-sok fit on this. If i find a pic i will post it.

AssassN
06-10-2002, 02:02 PM
my tank is on the left

Jonno06
06-10-2002, 03:04 PM
hm..i have an 88ci tank,and it fits good,i think one size fits all....?

AssassN
06-10-2002, 03:28 PM
thanks that is what i thought:)

Telefragged
06-10-2002, 03:35 PM
I don't think one size fits all with Lok-Soks. For 68ci and 88ci bottles, it should be the same for the most part, but larger tanks like 114ci's have a larger diameter. So check out larger-sized Lok-Soks if you want 'em.

I'd still tell you go with a neoprene tank cover instead, as it looks like the so called "Soks" don't give any protection at all to the mid section fo the tank. A full bottle cover will help protect it from scratches and dings better than Soks. Check out the new Dye covers, padded neoprene looks nice.

AssassN
06-10-2002, 03:57 PM
o i don't care i am ultra careful with my tank and gun so i don't need it for protection.

Creative Mayhem
06-10-2002, 04:01 PM
"Soks" don't give any protection at all to the mid section fo the tank
I would like to add to this, if the middle is not covered there is no protection. If the tank gets scratched, and if it is deep enough, the tank must(by DOT regulations) be scrapped. A scratch weakens the fibre wrap on a tank, therefore creating a point where the thin aluminum tank inside can fail.

With this being said, I like the LOK SOKS for looks, but the practal nature of the has a lot to be desired. I would go for a full cover like the REDZ or DYE covers.

EDIT- I saw your post reguarding you being careful, but there is so many ways to scratch a tank and I'm sure no one can be THAT careful

thecavemankevin
06-10-2002, 04:07 PM
unfortunatly NPPL will not allow you to have full tank covers. I have been to several NPPL rules used tourneys, but not one has said anything to me or the other players about haveing full covers. Lok-sok or nothing is all NPPL will allow.

magman007
06-10-2002, 04:22 PM
that is quite possibly the most retatarted thing i think nppl has ever done! i think i would sue if while playing i scratched my tank on one of thier fields and i had to scrap my tank. all because i wouldnt be allowed to use a full cover in a tourny? thats retarted!

speedballbanks
06-10-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin
unfortunatly NPPL will not allow you to have full tank covers. I have been to several NPPL rules used tourneys, but not one has said anything to me or the other players about haveing full covers. Lok-sok or nothing is all NPPL will allow.

yes you can go read the rules it clearly states tank covers are allowed but it says hopper cover's aren't. read up a little.

Mango
06-10-2002, 07:33 PM
lok-soks are fantastic. The new DYE tank covers are incredible though. Hard to beat. But I love the lok-soks on my A.I.R. Very sticky and hold the marker in perfect position when shouldering.

dansim
06-10-2002, 07:52 PM
well i dont think a neprone cover will save you from scratching you tank do you i mean come on now when wearing a tshirt and you get scraped it doesnt rip your shirt does it, no, but if you ding your bottle enough to get it "scrapped" then neprone is not gonna save you.

speedballbanks
06-10-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by dansim
well i dont think a neprone cover will save you from scratching you tank do you i mean come on now when wearing a tshirt and you get scraped it doesnt rip your shirt does it, no, but if you ding your bottle enough to get it "scrapped" then neprone is not gonna save you.

true but you can also put yuor tank on different surfaces without having to worry about it and it helps a little but it won't help you if you slam your gun into a tree.

RT_Luver
06-10-2002, 09:41 PM
they look cool, but they dont really help your tank much

paintbattler
06-10-2002, 10:45 PM
anybody have an upclose picture of them?

-sCaN-
06-10-2002, 11:00 PM
here is my old cocker that i sold and it had one on the tank...

sCaN

davej946
06-11-2002, 12:56 AM
well i dont think a neprone cover will save you from scratching you tank

Danism,
I agree, but better some protection than none? Just a thought. :p

Later ~ Dave

megaman
06-11-2002, 04:20 AM
ive got lok soks on my flatline. THE BEST!!

Creative Mayhem
06-11-2002, 09:24 AM
danism do you scuba dive? If you do you would realize that neoprene gives alot more protection than you think. thickness of course is key but even thin neoprene will protect far better than the LOK SOK. Neoprene is a strong material and provides more than enough protection for a tank, unless you are repeatedly bashing you tank against a tree, rock or grinder.;) :D

Hey this is my 200th post!

Xzion
06-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Neoprene is a Rubber, or rubber like material inbetween the two cloth halves, which is considerablly different than a shirt, so the scratching through the shirt example is kinda moot point. If worse comes to worse, why dont you get the lok Soks, and get a cheap neoprene cover of some kind and cut it to fit between teh soks? that way youd get the best of both worlds?

thecavemankevin
06-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by speedballbanks

yes you can go read the rules it clearly states tank covers are allowed but it says hopper cover's aren't. read up a little.

your are right, i unfortuantly miss-spoke, i have re-checked and found i was wrong. I was told a month or so ago by my local shop that they were banned, but i guess that might have just been there personal tournament. Probably trying to sell more lok-soks...???

Creative Mayhem
06-11-2002, 03:18 PM
That's what I was thinking Xzion, but most people would not use that method of protection due to the unsightly nature of the combination.

Aranarth
06-11-2002, 07:46 PM
Lok soks provide great protection. I have found that most times I bang up my tank, it is on the back, or the front areas. Usually when crawling around. I play rough with my marker. It looks somewhat pretty, but I don't care about scratches on it. The tank has no scratches in it either. I use lok soks. But, if you are really worried, the solution is to get some neoprene (or that air impregnated hard foam also works well), cut a strip for between your lok soks, and wrap it tightly in electrical tape of your choice in coloring. Will protect from all scratches, and a pretty heavy beating, as will the lok soks.
-AranarthX

shartley
06-11-2002, 08:22 PM
The new DYE tank covers are incredible though. Hard to beat.
I can not agree more......

I have one and it is fantastic, and looks great to boot. To say I was impressed with it is an understatement.

http://www.dyeprecision.com/Images/hard%20parts/misc/cover1.gifhttp://www.dyeprecision.com/Images/hard%20parts/misc/cover2.gif
But mine has no yellow.. it is all black. :D And this picture really doesn't do them justice.

Wheelman
06-11-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
danism do you scuba dive?

Noop, he's like a rock in the water, sinks right to the bottom. One day I might show him how to get to the top again.:D

Xzion
06-11-2002, 11:22 PM
Creative Mayhem; I'm sure you could cut the neoprene a little longer, by like 1cm or two, and tuck the ends under the edges of the lok sok. id look clean IMO, plus if you just did it at the edges of the soks, neoprene cuts pretty straight, and would look fine IMO.

AssassN
06-12-2002, 09:56 AM
Well i have no cover right now so a Lok-Sok is better tahn nothing for me.