PDA

View Full Version : Trigger cutting and polishing

Polishpickles451
06-10-2002, 02:47 PM
There are alot of pics of guys who have nicely polished thier triggers on intelliframes and stock frames into really nice blade triggers and what not - with perfect mirror like surfaces. I've got a Z-grip, and the trigger, I think, is aluminum. How would I go about polishing and cutting this? tools? any ideas?

drx975
06-10-2002, 06:06 PM
Aluminum sucks and I believe that the Intelliframe trigger and the Z-grip trigger are both aluminum. Aluminum is more porous than stainless steel, and hard to shine really well. I took an old 32 degrees forgrip (aluminum) and sanded off the silver ano with a 400 grit sand paper, then 600, then 1000 and it didnt look any better, in fact it was worse becuase the silver ano was semi-shiny. Im not sure if it would be the greatest idea to do it, unless someone tells you otherwise from their own personal experience. BTW I used 400, 600, 100, 1500, and 2000 grit automotive wet/dry sand paper on my minimag body and it came out looking GREAT. But stainless steel is less porous and shines easier.

There are definetly tools to use when sanding, and on aliminum it would be much easier with them. You could use a wire wheel, and a polishing compound to shine aluminum. But if you dont have these tools its not a great idea IMO. I do not know which color compound you are supposed to use, for stainless steel I think it is red.

Polishpickles451
06-10-2002, 06:23 PM
how's the lapco barrel?

FactsOfLife
06-10-2002, 06:28 PM
I'd be happy to polish any bits you need done.