PDA

View Full Version : paintballs in refrigerator?

Rancid Milk
06-10-2002, 03:16 PM
I have a friend that keeps his paintballs in the refrigerator (not the freezer), and was just wondering if that is okay for the paintb or if it will ruin it.

Telefragged
06-10-2002, 03:18 PM
Cold generally isn't good for paintballs, and neither is extreme heat. Just try to keep the at room temperature, around 70-80 degrees and they should be fine. I find that when paintballs get chilly, they tend to dimple a lot more.

HoppysMag
06-10-2002, 03:20 PM
paint should be kept at 60 to 70 degrees cause Paintballs that get too cold will eventually become deformed, and you cannot make them back into round paintballs. and if they get to hot they will get soft and bounce.

http://www.rps-paintball.com/faqs.asp

CRiZO
06-10-2002, 04:20 PM
not very bright actually... paintballs really don't enjoy moisture, and condensation from being inside a fridge would mess em up. Generally, just keep them in a cool, dry, dark place (sunlight is bad, paintballs don't have sunscreen...*cough) so in otherwords, just stick them in the closet. Also, make sure you rotate them if you don't play for awhile, they get... odd.

Rancid Milk
06-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Okay, thanks much, I'll tell him that. maybe that's why he brakes paint so often (or his brass egle marker :))