PDA

View Full Version : Firestorm Autococker

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-10-2002, 10:35 PM
Anyone know anything about these new cockers?? They look sweet...Have they been out long and I didn't know or are they new??

http://www.americanpb.com/i/item/PGI_firestorm_BLK-BLU.jpg

personman
06-10-2002, 10:40 PM
wow-e thats the sweetest cocker I have ever seen..
Needs to loose the fugly grip frame..

InfinatyBPS
06-10-2002, 10:46 PM
look at the new rebel at http://888paintball.com and you will notice something very funny... If you dont your a retard;) It realy isnt a cocker anymore, its an electro in a cocker body. Just the same valve, everything else is different, unless you wonna pay like $100 extra its not closed bolt anymore, but that only means it can load balls faster and nobody realy beleives in closed bolt ferries now do you :) But anyways, I was going to get one for my cocker, but relized that it would be more fun to upgrade my cocker myself(now I wish I would have got the firestorm :(

1shot
06-10-2002, 10:54 PM
I've got one and it really is nice. You can see it at www.pgipaintguns.com. Leon Styles, the inventor, claims it fires from a closed bolt, for those that care. The ball loads, then the bolt goes forward, and then 30 milliseconds later the gun fires. I guess that makes it closed bolt. It shoots at about 12 BPS and has the accuracy of a Cocker. He claims better, since the back block does not move, so the marker is steadier.
I really like mine. Check it out at his site.

bob

it's still used as a back-up to my RT

Bartleby
06-10-2002, 11:09 PM
a friend of mine is going to be getting one in about a month. apparently they're supposed to be pretty sweet. i think they cost about 400 for the upgrade but i don't know if it's any better than the race. personally, i like the race better.

paintbattler
06-10-2002, 11:11 PM
woah. that is a nice cocker

Gotenks
06-10-2002, 11:13 PM
it's ugly.

And PGI is not a good company. Do not buy PGI.

They have people who compiled a plan that resulted in the death of the paintball company "AIRSTAR"

"Someday, all markers will be made this way"
-Airstar

thei3ug
06-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Gotenks, not many people know what really happened to airstar, and from the way you're talking i'm pretty sure you don't either.

Gotenks
06-11-2002, 12:17 AM
I run the nova owners group.

I talked to an employee.

And it's time for you to shut up.

DiRTyBuNNy
06-11-2002, 12:27 AM
in case anyone is really wondering...almost every paintgun fires from a closed bolt...god..i love how the matrix ad talked about the gun firing from a closed bolt..i was almost laughing..name a gun out there that doesn't FIRE from a closed bolt...

Ov3rmind
06-11-2002, 12:45 AM
name a gun out there that doesn't FIRE from a closed bolt...
The Ice Epic, www.icepaintball.com.

This whole bolt debate is stupid. Every gun with a bolt FIRES from a closed bolt position. A true closed bolt gun has the bolt forward while at rest. An open bolt gun has the bolt cocked rearward (so you can see into the breech) while at rest. If you rapid fire a closed bolt gun however, it acts just like an open bolt gun, making the function kind of irrelevant.

thei3ug
06-11-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Gotenks
I run the nova owners group.

I talked to an employee.

And it's time for you to shut up.

As if that gives you any legitimacy. I know you've been spreading false rumors about mike woods to as many people as possible because you have some hatred against him, but some of it is unfounded, and most were downright lies.

Fact of the matter is, every person had a different story to tell out of what happened. In fact, public letters have been released on what "really happened" from other primaries, and you ignored them.

You want to get hostile and enforce your position as the end-all to air-star? Throw down. I guarantee you'll lose.

shartley
06-11-2002, 09:57 AM
Hey… when did AO become PBN? ;)

Maybe some of the newer members got confused? :rolleyes:

cphilip
06-11-2002, 11:21 AM
I smell a AO SMACK DOOOOWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN! :D

Knock it off you two...Or you'll sit in time out.

Real nice cocker by the way

TheBigRaguPB4L
06-11-2002, 12:04 PM
The anno is really nice. It would look good but the grip frame is ugly, and they need to lose that reg under the frame and go with an inline. Not that i'll ever own this gun, but hey these things happen.

And if you really want to know what happened to airstar, i could tell you, but then i'd have to kill you. Well, what really happened to them...............I KILLED THEM! In case you couldn't tell, i have no idea what really happened to them, nore do i really care. I'm just bored.

Gotenks
06-11-2002, 12:59 PM
It's called hiding the truth.

The regulator recall for the Novas is what really hurt the company...

An outside source made the regulators for airstar..

So when they come in, they get inspected.

WHO inspected the regulators that ended up overpressurizing many novas?

Mike Woods.

zbody
06-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Get back on topic. PM him if you are so concerned. The gun looks like all of the parts were designed by different people and thrown together. It does not flow. The body looks great, it's just the frame and foregrip that need some work.

MrShutter
06-11-2002, 01:15 PM
That cocker is BEAUTIFUL.

covadsucks
06-11-2002, 01:30 PM
The Anno job on these markers is tight. I got to shoot one at the PAN AM Open in LA. Nice feel on the trigger but it's kinda bulky. I'd get one only to covert it back to a straight up cocker just cuz they are so pretty.

thei3ug
06-11-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey guys... I'm not the one who got all hostile. Not my fault some people have anger management problems.