PDA

View Full Version : Help - Emag won't turn on

Paul La Rue
06-10-2002, 11:21 PM
It's too late to call in for tech support and I'm frustrated with my Emag.

After a bad weekend of paint breaking, my Emag now won't turn on.

I just charged to battery to make sure it's not dead and the gun won't do anything. Yes it will fire fine in manual mode, but the electronics are stone cold.

I've checked all the wires, the board is tight I'm otta ideas...

Any help would be appreciated...

banzaimf
06-10-2002, 11:30 PM
recently had this. Take the battery off, take the body off of the rail. Check the nut that the battery comes up into on the body side of the rail. Mine was loose and did funny/odd/bad things.

Banzaimf

Paul La Rue
06-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Just checked it, that's not it...

Anyone else?

banzaimf
06-11-2002, 12:53 AM
have you got a multimeter?

I had to drop the 20 to get an el cheapo one to trace my power problems

BlackVCG
06-11-2002, 05:03 AM
Pull off the left grip panel. Inside you'll see a three wire harness plugged into the center connector on the board. Unplug that and then try to turn on the gun. If it won't turn on then that means that it's not a problem of the HES magnet being out of adjustment.

If it will turn on, then that means your HES magnet is too close to the grip frame. Screw it back in so it goes more into the trigger and then try turning the gun back on with the harness plugged into the board. If it turns on then you're good to go, you just need to adjust the magnet so the gun fires just near the end of the trigger travel stroke.

Also, make sure that the magnet in the top of the trigger isn't coming unseated. Sometimes those will come unseated but not come all the way out of the trigger so they'll hold the trigger closer to the frame causing it to not turn on because the HES magnet is too close to the sensor in the frame.

Paul La Rue
06-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Hey BlackVCG,
Didn't work. I took out the harness and nothing. I also tried adjusting the magnets (not much point if removing the harness didn't help), but nothing there either.

Argg...

FireWall
06-11-2002, 10:51 AM
Had a friend who bought a micro-emag, his electronics just stopped working one day, the problem with his was the battery was not touching the connectors on the gun, somehow the terminals on the battery got bent down a bit so they didn't touch anymore.

Paul La Rue
06-11-2002, 11:07 AM
I checked that to. I thought it was a possible problem, but the tabs are fine.

Help...:(

Paul La Rue
06-11-2002, 11:06 PM
any other suggestions?...