PDA

View Full Version : ForeGrips? Good or Bad?

HyperSnyper
06-11-2002, 01:57 AM
Hello all,

Just wanted some input on foregrips, My gun is a Micromag. It didnt come with a Foregrip at the time I bought it. When I got my Hyperframe, I pretty much have been using the Double trigger guard as a makeshift foregrip. It helps stabalize, but not that much.

What made me realize the use of foregrips was when I was shooting my friends Black Dragun. With a nice small drop forward and a slightly extended foregrip, the marker felt nice. I could really rip paint out and hold the gun firmly. I liked how I could pull it against me and butt it up against my shoulder and just use my right hand to fan the trigger. With my Micro, I could not, since my right hand was actually holding on tight to the grip frame supporting the guns weight.

I was thinking of getting one, but feel Pro-team's grips for my gun are too close, I might as well stick to using my guard as a grip. I was thinking of a more extended one, like how the RT Pros fore grips are, I might get one and custom fit it to my gun in time and see how it feels.

LMK your thoughts all.

-Hyper

FooTemps
06-11-2002, 02:17 AM
get a warp and use it as a foregrip? a lot of people say that works

mykroft
06-11-2002, 03:47 AM
The best foregrip I've found is the reg on a Max-Flo. the 15 degree ASA on an Angel is pretty nice as well.

megaman
06-11-2002, 04:16 AM
try getting a kapp foregrip

zads27
06-11-2002, 04:52 AM
KAPP foregrips are nice, and they look nice, but they lack much gripping surface to feel REALLY comfortable, IMHO..

I've used KAPP, E-mag battery, gadget grips, and expansion chambers..

My favorties are the E-mag battery (i'm serious) and the ACI 4-stage expansion chamber.
They simply have more beef to them to hold onto, and the average hand fits on them perfectly. Why want the beef?
When you shoulder your marker, you should be supporting the load of the weight on your left hand (if you're right handed), and just pulling the trigger with your right.
Besides, beef tastes great with A-1. (jk) ;)

The other foregrips are just too skiny for my tastes, it isn't as comfortable to play with when holding a marker that has a pencil for a foregrip. Not saying they won't work, they will, and they look kinda better than their bigger brethren.. but comfort and function-wise, most foregrips are too small IMHO.

Snakebite78
06-11-2002, 07:53 AM
can you not use fore grip extneder on micro mags? cause if you can thats the way to go. My friend has a mag with an extender and I have one without. I know what you mean about it being to tight. If your mag can fit an extender get one, definetly worth the money

boggerman
06-11-2002, 12:54 PM
When I first got my mag, I put a KAPP foregrip extender on it, but I felt that it moved the grip too far forward, so I took it back off. After I added my warpfeed, I could no longer reach the foregrip but did not want the full length of the extender, so I milled the extender to move the grip only half of the original distance forward. I find that to be just right for me.:)

davej946
06-11-2002, 12:59 PM
I voted for the close foregrip, but I love how pie is always an option in our polls! :D

Later ~ Jonesie

CRiZO
06-11-2002, 02:15 PM
well... seeing you have a micro, a foregrip extender won't fit... I've found the KAPP and Benchmark ones to fit well with the micros vert adapter, mmm mmm good

paintbattler
06-11-2002, 02:33 PM
i use a benchmark 4 grip and it balances my gun perfectly and i can manuever better in tighter situations.

dropkick1
06-11-2002, 04:55 PM
yeah, i used to use a PMI gas through and it was ok, but once i got my warp i found it more comfortable just to hold that rather than reaching around it, so i took the foregrip off.

ken

marley618
06-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Is there any way to position the warp so you and need a forgrip extender to make it comfortable? I have a system x gas thru grip ands its nice, real nice. And it's tight and comfortable.

z-grip
06-11-2002, 05:24 PM
pie is a logical alturnitve to a foregrip. i dont have a foregrip on my micro, becouse i have a z-grip. i havnt found a fregrip to fit it yet. so untill i get the one i designed from the machinist. im grip free

Blazingace
06-11-2002, 07:58 PM
I swapped my vert ASA and foregrip with a Fighter X gas thru. This is a one piece grip that is shorter than the Vert ASA and gas thru. It is really tight.

J
06-11-2002, 07:59 PM
I haven't used a foregrip since I played vertical with co2, while ago. I prop up the drop foward most the time, now foregrips feel funny to me. Its really because I never wanted to buy one, and it looks cooler, but I still like it foregripless.

muirtach
06-11-2002, 11:28 PM
if you look a bit back in the posts, I was asking about foregrips extenders for micromags, the kapp ones don't fit, and a guy posted these really nice milled foregrips about 40 + s/h. do a search and go take a look

Tyril
07-18-2002, 08:13 AM
Heh, I use the top half of a stock Spyder TL+'s expansion chamber for a foregrip. Works fine and doesn't get in the way of my huge PBalistics drop and massive 114/4500 tank =)

-mike

mykroft
07-18-2002, 02:03 PM
Well, if you've got a max-Flo on a drop, the reg makes a very nice forgrip, so does teh 15degree Kapp Angel ASA+a Minireg.

I don't really like vertical foregrips.

Troy
07-31-2002, 03:08 PM
Everyone should have a foregrip on their gun. It allows you to shoulder the gun with more stability. As far as what kind of grip, that is just personal preference.

xmetal2001
07-31-2002, 10:35 PM
I can't live without a foregrip, even though u usually just hold teh very bottom of it.

I prefer tight foregrips for 2 reasons.
1)Lets you play tighter
2)IMHO extended foregrips make you look like a newb(ya know, those newbs that usually have tippmans and hold their marker as far away from the body as they can when shooting), but thats just my weird oppinion, no offense to you extended foregrip people.(newbs) ;)

puckmaster
08-01-2002, 12:20 AM
I couldn't play without one. I have a Fighter x one. It fits nicely.

askman
04-23-2003, 01:06 AM
I believe I still have a foregrip extender for micro somewhere in my house. it was not the best of quality, but I will let someone have it for couple bucks plus shipping. it was nothing more than milled metal that screws into the vertical grip of micro, and you use standard mag vertical asa or fore grip on it. I will post pic, if I can find it...

IcantBelieveit
04-23-2003, 07:51 AM
BOO TO FOREGRIPS BOO!!!

tmnothing
04-23-2003, 08:37 AM
woah where do you get foregrip extenders!? I've never seen one before, does anyone else make any for mags? are they solid on the gun? I'm definetely getting one asap.

Strider
04-23-2003, 09:40 AM
My favorite mag (Besides the Emag Battery!) foregrip is the Viewloader foregrips...

Big'n slo
04-23-2003, 09:48 AM
My homemade gas thru foregrip, the one on the left

maglover52
04-23-2003, 11:26 AM
i love my CP mini gas thru very nice small good feeling forgrip. i can not play with out a for grip.

look its nice and small for a good tight setup

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=763059

sneakyhacker420
04-23-2003, 02:15 PM
i have a warp and my custom milled foregrip, and i absolutely love the way it feels

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=599832

FlipShot
04-23-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Strider
My favorite mag (Besides the Emag Battery!) foregrip is the Viewloader foregrips...

yea I seen those and I love'm, but can't find them, who sell's them?

sneakyhacker420
04-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by FlipShot

yea I seen those and I love'm, but can't find them, who sell's them?

are you talking about the VL foregrips? they were made before BE bought out VL... and they are pretty hard to come by these days... i'm glad i picked up a green one that my shop had laying in their clearance bin :D

tmnothing
04-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Well I'm a big fan of foregrips. I used to have an expansion chamber but I ordered the one by AGD and it didnt fit so I had to send in my VA and the foregrip and I must admit my gun is much sexier without the vertical adapter. The problem is that it is much much easier for me to play with a foregrip. Once I get them back from AGD I'm gonna put em back on and possibly look into a foregrip extension.

http://home.neo.rr.com/ak47/mini_stage1.JPG

http://home.neo.rr.com/ak47/mini_stage2.JPG

JT2002
04-27-2003, 08:49 AM
like zads said. i use a timmy, and personally i prefer to pull the gun in tight and use my shoulder/ left hand to suport all of the weight. people have said to me that the grips ona classic timmy feel cheap. well i dont matter to me cuz when im shooting, my right thumb hooks on the back of the grip, my pointer and middle finger tickle the trigger, and my ring and pinkey fingers just kinda hang in the air. buy anyways yeah, all my right hand does is pull the trigger, and nothing more

xLoHungWangx
04-27-2003, 10:31 AM
I hold the grip with my right hand and the tank in my left. I have a 68ci Crossfire with a Psycho Ballistics drop forward. It works great for me. I love my gun!

LittlePaintballBoy
04-27-2003, 10:49 AM
so no one has the thing made by our beloved agd?

JT2002
04-27-2003, 11:01 AM
which thing?