PDA

View Full Version : The end-all be-all Z-Grip post/poll.

OldSchoolMag
06-11-2002, 04:55 AM
Now, before I start, let me blame/attribute the following comments to any/all of the following: the 6-pack of Pepsi I just burned through, my ability to stay awake for 4 days at a time, and/or the frustrating fact that I haven't been able to find a matching pair of socks for the past month.

So, let's get started...

First of all, raise your hand if you plan on buying the new "Intelli Z-Grips" when they come out. Allright, now keep your hand up if you are POSITIVE you will buy one when they come out. Now, here's the tricky part - keep your hand up only if you actually have the money (let's be nice - $115) to pay for the Z-Grip. Okay, that's better.

Now, I for one, am getting a little tired of all the redundant Z-Grip posts asking when will they be out, how much, etc. A while back, TK gave us that wonderful list which is nearing completion, that he said he would have to go through before he could even THINK (emphasized) about going to work on some new Z-Grips.

With all the posts wanting Z-Grips, and the high demand that they're in, many people (including myself) would ask "Why not produce the Z-Grips, TK? Why?" Well the obvious answer would be in two parts: 1) the first run of Z-Grips took many years to sell out, and 2) people often say things without actually meaning them.

Now, I know you're huffing and puffing, muttering things like "People... say things... but don't... MEAN them? Wha...?" Now, now, this world is far from perfect. Many people would SAY they'd donate to a charity or spend more time in the homeless shelter, but not actually do these things. (Now, mind you, I'm not comparing acts of generosity to buying paintball products, it's just the first thing my cat told me to type here. Yes, I am THAT tired.) So, I can now see TK's stand of uncertanty on the Z-Grip issue - many people may SAY they'd buy them, but when it came right down to it, they wouldn't have the money when they came out. So, right now, I'm proposing we get a head count - a good one. Be truthful, and uh... consider your bank account when polling. Now remember, cheating is not appropriate, and when you're finished with the test, put your head down on your desk, and try to sleep. Yes, sleep - that's where you're a viking.

OSM

...this will be the only post like this I'll ever make. I promise.

megaman
06-11-2002, 05:00 AM
lol you're hilarious! :D oops sorry I dont want a zgrip..just wanted to comment. --slowly crawls for the door--

The Frymarker
06-11-2002, 06:28 AM
I am buying a zgrip when they come out again!!!!

I also asked if I could purchase it already unanod so I can polish it like my micromag and hand engrave it....it is going to be a beauty when I'm finished!:D

Jonno06
06-11-2002, 06:41 AM
thats like saying:
"who here wants an extreem emag...but who has the money NOW?!"

btw,im getiing one:)

RT_Luver
06-11-2002, 11:40 AM
umm......I want an extreme e-mag. I dont have the money NOW, but guess why...... donggie has it. oh and I'm one of those ppl that would buy the z-grip NO MATTER WHAT if they made them for the e-mag

TheBigRaguPB4L
06-11-2002, 11:52 AM
I've kept up on most of those polls and the threads about the intelli-zgrips. The way i figured it, he wouldn't sell more than approximately 75 of them. Unless he's extremely limited on how many he makes, the zgrips are a bad idea for him. Really though, there's only a handful of people on here that would actually buy them. People outside of AO would more than likely not be purchasing many zgrips. Alot of people say they would and want to buy things, but then don't when it actually comes down to it. It's like when people try and buy things in the classifieds. Yeah i want it, i'll take it. Then a week later, "No, i have to back out". It happens all the time.

Now, again, i haven't analyzed this to certainty. I just lightly observed most of the posts about this subject. Plus i know a little bit about most of the people on here. Don't get me wrong, i want him to make them. I own 3 z-grips right now. Pretty much any mag i shoot is a zgrip. I don't like shooting any other ones. But I don't think he should make any more because it's just going to burn him again in the end.

joeyjoe367
06-11-2002, 12:09 PM
I didn't vote, because I'm not sure whether I want one or not.

I'm really happy with my current mag, however i've always wanted to set up a gun with a z-grip.

I never really could hold on to 2 guns at once tho :)

Price, will really be a factor.

paintbattler
06-11-2002, 01:07 PM
i would like to buy one but i have an original z grip :D

OldSchoolMag
06-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Ragu - exactly, that's what I'm trying to weed out here. There are a lot of people who say they'll buy it, but for one reason or another (usually money) they don't. I figure with a small run of 100 Z-Grips, he should sell (like you said) around 75 of them almost immediatly. The rest would probably be bought up after word of mouth had spread, or collectors felt like the Z-Grips would not be produced in another run. Personally, I'd like to know how many have to be sold in order for him to break even. If the number is around 100, I'd say they would all be sold within 6 months, tops.

Now, of course, I don't work for a major company and estimate things like that for a living, in fact, I usually think the Boston Red Sox will take it all the way to the Series every year... just kidding. It's the Houston Astros this year. I swear!

OSM

Zelda Ramras
06-11-2002, 04:12 PM
I am getting 3, one for each of my mags

personman
06-11-2002, 04:25 PM
Well, I have about $170 and well, If I had a confirmed date on the release date, I would save it all, even if it was months and months away.
If the Z grips were to come out today, I would be all over them. But because I'm looking into a basic CP multi bore kit, I wouldnt hesitate to use the money, not knowing when the date is, and assuming the release will be around late fall or early december, because I can earn that much money again by then. :D

06-11-2002, 04:31 PM
Yes it would be great if I knew when it is coming out so i can save. When it does finally come out if I dont have the money then I will get it in 2 weeks tops. I have been waiting sooooo long :eek: MY eyes feel funny from these new contacts

z-grip
06-11-2002, 05:27 PM
ill fight my way to the front of the line if i have too :D

theraidenproject
06-11-2002, 05:44 PM
I would buy one in a second if I could try one and liked it, because I know of a lot of people that can't shoot anything but a z anymore, and if that happens to me, its cheaper to add a z and retro to my mag, then to continue with my eventual plan for an emag. Understand what I mean? I would sell my iFrame, valve, dzII, and buy a retro, izgrip, tiny drop, powdercoat the whole kit 'n caboodle and be done with it. Or, sell just my gun/barrel, and buy an emag, and get the powdercoated. So, I would like very much to fall in love with the Z, so I can spend less money.

magman007
06-11-2002, 05:45 PM
i figure do it like this, samll run once every 2 years. if the demand gets high again in 2 years do another run. so their kinda limited run type o thing. you kno? it makes sence

Mendel
06-11-2002, 06:07 PM
I'm definitely buying one as soon as they come out!

FooTemps
06-11-2002, 06:32 PM
Guess who's gonna buy one!?!? FOOTEMPS IS! YAY!

personman
06-11-2002, 06:36 PM
For your PG1 Pro? :p

WARPED1
06-11-2002, 06:38 PM
Who came up with personman?

FooTemps
06-11-2002, 06:51 PM
NO! FOR MY AUTOMAG!

personman
06-11-2002, 06:52 PM
You got one? lol musta missed it.

WARPED1
06-11-2002, 06:55 PM
Hit on the head with a frying pan!

obsolete898
06-11-2002, 07:03 PM
I'm out, I don't like the feel.

maverickTG001
06-11-2002, 07:27 PM
this has nothing to do with/no corilation with the subject/theme of this post/thread. I/me just thought/observed how odd/unusual it was that the creator/author of this post/thread kept putting /// in alot/high percentage of his words for no reason.

Lorquas
06-11-2002, 08:01 PM
Some have said that they won't sell many outside of AO, but I don't believe this to be true. There is very much enthuiasm outside AO... I re-posted Tom's post saying he will make them in another forum, and about 3 minutes later, it became a classic for everybody to see. Then there are constantly questions on: "where can I find a z-grip?" "help me look for a Z" "Z?? anyone??". I have a frind who origonally wanted a mag, JUST because of the Z concept. I think they will sell.

RT_Luver
06-15-2002, 12:57 PM
hmmm

Creative Mayhem
06-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Sorry to those of you that love the Zgrip, but I don't like them and I probably never will. I would rather have PIE than a Zgrip:D

OldSchoolMag
06-15-2002, 07:09 PM
Ah, man - I knew I forgot a poll choice! Jeez! PIE! ...darn.

OSM

Croix71
06-15-2002, 08:52 PM
I'll buy one if Tom comes through with the Chrome Intelli Z-Grip with Dye Stickies. :D