PDA

View Full Version : Foamy bolt?

echoes
06-11-2002, 03:46 PM
I have a foamy bolt in my mag, and the foamy on it recently fell off. I don't have any spare foamies lying around. While I be fine using the foamy bolt without any foamies, or will I have feeding problems? It seems like it might double feed.

personman
06-11-2002, 04:36 PM
Is it an AGD foamie bolt? If not, then I have no clue. Call up 32 degreese or ANS.
If its AGD, http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=213&CATID=6

echoes
06-11-2002, 05:54 PM
Yes it's AGD, and I know I can buy spare foamies, but I just want to know for this weekend because I don't think that I'd receive the foamies by this weekend.

personman
06-11-2002, 06:42 PM
Oh.. I'm betting your going to have a bad time.. lol

Vex
06-11-2002, 06:45 PM
Is there any difference between the foamy and foamyless bolts, other than the foamy? If not, then you shouldn't have a problem.

echoes
06-11-2002, 06:51 PM
Well the reason I asked is because without the foamy, the foamy bolt is a bit shorter than a normal bolt would be. That led me to believe that when one ball is in the chamber, a second one might already start to enter the chamber, and would also be hit by the bolt... but if I start chopping I guess I'll just pull out my trusty phantom. ;)

Vex
06-11-2002, 07:14 PM
Well, how much shorter is the foamy bolt compared to the foamiless?
I can see how you might have a problem, but try it out before this weekend and see what happens. That way, you will know whether or not you'll need your back-up!

:D

FrAuStY
06-11-2002, 07:24 PM
I had an ANS phaseII foamie bolt, I never ever ever used a foamie. The first time I tried... I chopped sooo much paint it was unbelievable! Took the foamie off and voila! Works like a dream. The only thing I can say is try it.

krafty
06-12-2002, 05:37 PM
With a foamieless bolt, when the paint falls into the breach it pretty much rests directly on the front part of the bolt. This also happens with the foamie on the foamie bolt. Without the foamie, there's at least 1/4" there allowing the ball to 1) roll back, possibly double-feeding or 2) allows the bolt to slam into the paintball instead of "pushing" it, causing the ball to break in the chamber.

Without a foamie, you're proabably going to have problems. You can try to glue some high-density foam from something else on there as a temporary fix, but that probably won't help.

echoes
06-12-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by krafty
Without the foamie, there's at least 1/4" there allowing the ball to 1) roll back, possibly double-feeding or 2) allows the bolt to slam into the paintball instead of "pushing" it, causing the ball to break in the chamber.

Yeah I was afraid of that, oh well... Thanks for the help guys. :)