PDA

View Full Version : Z-body

FutureMagOwner
06-11-2002, 05:16 PM
i forgot if i already asked about this or not if i did then delete it. but anyway i was thinking of getting a z body for my second upgrade after an intelliframe for the mag im getting hopefully this weekend.

anyway my friend whom i am buying it heard that it didnt work for what it was supposed to and at paintball review it was given a 7.2 out of 10 or something. i read the reviews and seemed like the people who gave it 5's were expecting something super extrodiary, like level 10 :so im wondering of those who own it and those who have tried it if they can explain what it does and if you liked it and problems you had or have with it

z-grip
06-11-2002, 05:25 PM
im intersted to know how they work myself

HoppysMag
06-11-2002, 06:03 PM
some thing rubs on the top of the ball producing back spin which then makes the ball fly at a flater trajectory... or thats how i understand it.... its just a larger version of the airsoft hop up.

FordPrefect
06-11-2002, 07:07 PM
If you are going to get a Z-Body, get a BIG bore barrel. I think that SmartParts made a barrel that was HUGE bore, just for the Z-Body. Use medium sized paint.

obsolete898
06-11-2002, 07:13 PM
I think it was called the Z barrel.

FutureMagOwner
06-11-2002, 07:36 PM
would i just be able to use my freaks largest insert? and also does it really work? and is it accurate?

RT_Luver
06-11-2002, 08:00 PM
I haven't had it MYSELF...but form what I have heard abut it, it uses a detent or something to put a backspin on the paintball alot like that flatline barrel does for the tippmann. its supposed to give you better distance

obsolete898
06-11-2002, 08:00 PM
I have absolutely no idea. All I know is what I stated above, sorry I couldn't be more of a help.:D

FutureMagOwner
06-12-2002, 04:39 PM
heh thanks you guys it seems like not alot of people have it or something here. i knew how it basically operated based on the website but im wondering if they are telling the truth and if its accurate(the flatline in most cases isnt that accurate from what i heard) and does it get the range of the faltline(i doubt it but maybe)

magatron
06-12-2002, 05:39 PM
i havent trynt nor do i want one after seeing flatline cockers and tipp. cause all they do is spray unaccurate paint realy far and then bust like 4 out of 10 balls usually inside the breach, the z-body may work, but from what i've seen on other markers, if your gunna use backspin your going to have a bad time....

FutureMagOwner
06-12-2002, 06:10 PM
well flatlines on tippys when used correctly with the right paint dont break that often but can be inaccurate if not installed correcly and you need to learn how to shoot it correctly...

Threewheeler
06-13-2002, 02:44 AM
FutureMagOwner,

I've got it, and yes, it does work. You will however, need a VERY large-bore barrel. Galactic Systemz, makers of the Z-body, also makes a barrel that compliments it nicely. If memory serves, the ID on their "Z-barrel" is 0.697, but don't quote me.

The large insert on the Freak is not large enough. The reason you need such a big barrel is so that as the ball travels down the barrel, it will not rub against it. Basically, you want to be able to drop paint right through whatever barrel you're using, otherwise friction will mess with the backspin and give you inconsistent results.

Get in contact with me if you have any further questions.

Good luck,

Three

kevdupuis
06-13-2002, 10:10 AM
Actually Ravi Chopra did a review on the z-body. You should check it out on his site.

veteranmag
06-13-2002, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I was conisdering getting one as well, but didn't b/c they only make hopper left version.

I sent the manufacturer an email last summer asking him if he was going to make any hopper right versions or one for the E-mag frame. He never responded.

Threewheeler
06-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Veteranmag,

Galactic Systemz does not make a hopper right version, however, the current version will fit the e-mag frame. I have used mine on my e-mag with great results.

Three

FutureMagOwner
06-13-2002, 02:17 PM
alright that explains why thanks also im guessing he doesnt respond because they are absed in japan(maybe they dont have english speaking people read questions?)

BartManSr
06-13-2002, 02:18 PM
I have a Z-Body, used it last week. The barrel was only a large medium, but it still work. If I turn the knob way down, it would brake paint. So, by adjusting the knob you can control the breaking. It only took a little turn on the knob to get it going great.

The range was great. It look like it shot way way out there and in slow motion. Of course this is not a good test because I didn't have a very larger bore barrel. It also shot pretty accurate for long distance shooting.