PDA

View Full Version : The funniest happened when I called WGP!

paint magnet
06-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Okay, here's a transcript of the conversation, pretty much how it happened:

*ring* "Hello, Worr Games Products, how may I help you?
Me:"Uh, yeah, I was wondering if you could"
Them (interupts me)"What state do you live in, sir?"
Me"South Carolina, but"
Them: "Please hold on one moment"
I hang up and call again.
*ring* "Worr Games Products, how may I help you?"
Me:"I am about to buy a CCI Phantom and I was wondering if you could give me any reasons why I should buy your product instead."
Them:"What state do you live in sir?"
Me:"South Carolina."
Them:"One moment, please"
after about a minute,
"Worr Games Products, my name is James, how may I help you?"
Me:"I am about to buy a CCI Phantom and I have also been considering a Sniper II or III instead. Can you give me any reason why I should choose your product?"
Them: "(rather quickly) Not a one. The Phantom has a shorter pump stroke and the auto response trigger system."
Me:"okay, that's all I needed to know"

Well, I was kind of leaning towards the Sniper, but when Worr Games Products tells me to buy someone elses product (and even gives me reasons), then I figured they know what they're talking about. They were very polite and had quick service, even quicker than Tippmann, but they didn't play any elevator music. Anyway, I place my order for a Phantom tomorrow, and thanks to all those who helped with my decision.

nutz
06-11-2002, 05:42 PM
maybe WGPs phone people arent getting payed enough...

Paul La Rue
06-11-2002, 05:50 PM
If they aren't maybe it's because they are on commision! :-)

Cypres0099
06-11-2002, 05:59 PM
Maybe it's reverse psycology. They are trying to make everyone think that they aren't biased so people will want to buy stuff from them...

xmetal2001
06-11-2002, 06:06 PM
LOL. I dont think WGP would be very happy with James if they heard about that.

FordPrefect
06-11-2002, 07:09 PM
Why did they care what state you lived in?

obsolete898
06-11-2002, 07:12 PM
For statistics, and by the sound of it diferant operators take care of diferant regions.

Butterfingers
06-11-2002, 08:47 PM
Call them up and ask them why you should choose a cocker over an automag ;)

dropkick1
06-11-2002, 08:52 PM
make sure u use c02 on your phantom, it was designed for c02 and works best on it. also try runing a regulator or expansion chamber so u get good consistency. i found using a remote helped keep liquid out and get good consistency, just my thought on the phantom, but i traded my phantom to get a mag, for no reason really, i just missed semi-auto and a high ROF.

ken

RT_Luver
06-11-2002, 09:13 PM
hmmm......maybe......ummm....yet i...... ummm thats kewl

Tactical Neural Implant
06-11-2002, 10:10 PM
I was just over at worr.com checking out the sniper ($385), then I looked at a basic autococker ($385). What's up with that? For that price I think the Phantom is definately the better deal.

davej946
06-11-2002, 10:25 PM
I was just over at worr.com checking out the sniper ($385), then I looked at a basic autococker ($385).

That's wierd! Is the Snipe THE pump marker to have? I'm happy with my Tippy SL68-II.

Later ~ Jonesie

mykroft
06-11-2002, 11:04 PM
That pricing is odd, since the Sniper II is only $350CDN. Sounds like WGP put the Canadian MSRP up for it.

joeyjoe367
06-12-2002, 01:48 AM
haha, that's great :)

...there's one thing that they're honest about. Now, if we could just ask them what makes the autococker have better accuraccy/range :D

Spaceman613
06-12-2002, 08:03 AM
Nothing better than a phantom VSC with a 4 oz on it in the vert position. Very tight, light, and definitely easy to sprint with.

Good luck

cphilip
06-12-2002, 08:11 AM
Hey Paint...What was the number you used to call them? I need to call them about that silly style of a bolt they used in the vert. ASA.

Spaceman613
06-12-2002, 08:35 AM
Cphilip... How many ya need?> I have 50 or so here in my living room

1/4" 12 point head, and i believe 1.25 length, but ill measure when i get home if ya like.

cphilip
06-12-2002, 08:42 AM
Well..I don't need one... I need the socket to tighten one.

You say its 12 point? Looks like more to me but they are so small hard to count them.

Spaceman613
06-12-2002, 08:48 AM
I got mine at Lowes, but Sears and any "good" hardware store will have it. Definitely 12 point and 1/4 inch (unless its non factory). btw, it should run ya about $6 for the socket. I think I paid a lil more for the "Cobalt" brand, but then again, I usually spend extra on tools that are shiny.

cphilip
06-12-2002, 08:50 AM
OK thanks will have to wander down there and see if I can pick one up. So its 1/4 head 12 point is what I need? Should it need to be thin walled socket? Would like to find one in a nut driver realy...

Spaceman613
06-12-2002, 09:35 AM
Nut driver? may not have enuff torque. The socket I got was kinda thin walled. it necked down towards the screw (bolt) end.

paintbattler
06-12-2002, 09:36 AM
lol, at least you know their honest

wes
06-12-2002, 11:01 AM
LOLOLOLOLLO omg omgomg oomg call WGP and ask for some replacement elves because yours didnt come with any because you got ripped off on a deal, there number is

1800-775-5061

KamikazePenguin
06-12-2002, 11:40 AM
elevator music? when I called the AGD tech line yesterday about my E-mag battery I got to hear several songs from the new Eminem CD.

paint magnet
06-12-2002, 04:19 PM
Cphillip, I just emailed you their phone number. About them not being paid enough, he sounded like someone working at a McDonald's drive through after you had changed your order twice and asked him to repeat it.
(BTW, I meant to say the funniest thing in the title [gotta quit typing so fast]) Also, Mike at CCI said he would have to call and thank them.

Vegeta
06-12-2002, 04:29 PM
hehe.. someone needs to call the same guy and say "I was thinking about buying a new gun and I was wondering if you could give me any reasons that I would like a cocker more than my otehr choice, an AGD Automag..."

Thats the true test...

or do the same thing with a Spyder and a Cocker... if he says spyder he is either really high, or really pissed at the company... lol reminds me of "Office Space"...

he is probably secretly working for CCI.....

paint magnet
06-12-2002, 04:35 PM
Or how about this:
"Um, yes, I have a Talon with a big CO2 tank and I was wondering if there is any reason I should upgrade to an Orracle Autococker, or if I should get a Stingray instead. Everybody says 'cockers are better but I don't believe that. Which one should I get?"

Also, when I ordered my Phantom, I told the gun what WGP had said and he just said that they don't care about selling Snipers because they make all their money off the autococker. He also commented on how people will just sit there and shoot the gun just to watch the cocking block come back, like they're hipnotized by it. And compared the pump stroke of the Sniper to a Talon.:D

FordPrefect
06-12-2002, 06:34 PM
People have talked about the hypmotizing back block for a long time on AO. The only thing bad about it is that the elves could make a run for it when it is all the way back:(

paint magnet
06-12-2002, 07:22 PM
Maybe that's why they chop when not timed right.:p