PDA

View Full Version : which gun is best and why

darklord
06-11-2002, 09:06 PM
OK, I need to know which gun you think is best: An RT pro with a warp feed, a low pressure electro spyder with a warp feed, or a brand new ANS GenX 'cocker? All of them of course have new barrels. The question is, what makes a certain one so great? Here's what I was thinking

RT pro
+'s
-retro valve=no shootdown
-high ROF, yet not electro, so can easily play in the rain, or at non-electro fields
-easy to maintain
-moderately priced
-warp feed+intellifeed=high feed rate

-'s
-I don't know how to fix one

Spyder
+'s
-easy to maintain and fix
-small, compact
-low operating pressure
-warp feed can handle a high ROF
-high ROF

-'s
-Crappy range
-kinda noisy

ANS 'cocker
+'s
-Dead-on accurate
-Quiet as hell
-consistent

-'s
-timing issues are a pain
-can break easily

Can anyone add to this? Please, be logical here, don't be childish and say "Oh, spyders suck. How dare you even put mags/cockers and spyders in the same category" or something. Right now I have the spyder mentioned above, but I've been debating whether or not to sell it and get a 'cocker or a mag. I've owned a 'cocker before. Thoughts, anybody?

Chris
06-11-2002, 09:35 PM
Very simple answer. The best gun is the one that fits you comfortably, one that you know how to take care of, and one that you like the feel of the trigger.

End of story.

By the way, the range thing you put by the spyder is total BS. No gun has more range than another inherrantly.

-Chris

Ityl
06-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Spyder's quality sucks, but they're really cheap. I wouldn't get an ANS cocker ever. I'd get a stock one and put a freeflow pneus on it. RTP is really sweet. I think it'd get a RTP for the quality and performance. I'd get a cocker if it was my second gun to fool around with.

AcemanPB
06-11-2002, 09:50 PM
don't get the spyder... they are not even compareable to the RTP and cocker, and as for the choice between RTP and the cocker, it depends how fast do you want to shoot?

mykroft
06-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Well, I'd go either RT Pro or a STO or Black Magic Cocker.

The ANS Frontblock does not perform as well as the STO parts, and is more prone to problems with the 3-way and Ram.

RT-Pro

Pro's:
Fast, non-sliding trigger.

Con's:
Not as efficient, noticably harder on paint (Not a blender, but it doesn't like brittle paint much), more expensive barrels, less barrel selection, no low-rise vert feeds, very reliable.

Cocker
Pro's:
Easy on paint, very efficient, better barrel selection & pricing, very customizable for individual taste, very reliable, can run on CO2 in a pinch.

Con's:
DFWI Cocker rule, pneumatics are somewhat vulnerable to hits.

Spyder
Pro's:
Cheap

Con's:
Cheaply built, not very efficient or consistent, non-standard bottom lines & metric threading, E-Frames are notoriously unreliable.

RT_Luver
06-11-2002, 10:52 PM
there is NO NO NO NONE NADdA ZELCH SQUAT ETC... best gun. its all on opinion. in my opinion...the mag is better. in oters opinion the cocker is better and yet in others, the angel is better and there are some that will bet their lives on their...you ready for it??(I hope you are) SPYDER. my friend has a spyder and he wont for the world change or listen to anything I got to say

Bwaites
06-12-2002, 03:05 AM
If you can fix a Spyder and work on a cocker, then Mags are no problem.

My twelve year old son had used a Tippman his entire paintball life. He upgraded to my classic mag and within a half hour had the basics down pat.

Once in a while freak problems come up, but just about everything on an RT Pro can be fixed in just a few minutes with an oring kit and one or two tools. (One of the members here shows his Mag tool kit, just one coin!) The people here are great and can answer just about any question.

If you decide to go electro, the Emag is great, occasionally the electronics go wacko and we can't come up with an answer here, but that is where AGD's famous service comes in.

Good Luck.

Bill

Schnitzel
06-12-2002, 09:40 AM
yeah, number of tools is what gets my vote for any 'mag. all i need to completely disassemble my marker(including seals), is a nickel, dental pick, and the supplied allen key(forgot what size).

i couldn't say that much for my custom spyder...i need a crapload of tools to get it apart. When it is completely apart, i takes like 10 minutes to get it back together(and i've disassembled it a million times)

paintbattler
06-12-2002, 09:45 AM
i say go with rt pro since u dont have many - . all u do to fix one is either ask here or replace an oring

FordPrefect
06-12-2002, 11:36 AM
You said that the Spyders +'s were that it is compact, well, compare a 'Mag and a Spyder, a Mag is smaller, in length and height. You also said that it was low pressure, in the "+" section. Low pressure is all hype. And, as manike says, don't beleive the hype.

You also said that on the Cocker, they are dead-on accurate. No gun is more accurate than another, if you have the same paint and the same barrel, and the same consistency. You can get Mags pretty consistant.

minimag187
06-12-2002, 12:41 PM
Im 13 amd I put my whole setup together, and know how to fix RT's/other mags. That explains everything.