PDA

View Full Version : Dye 68ci tank cover

Cypres0099
06-12-2002, 02:54 PM
First of all I'v heard that there are some sizing issues with these so I was wondering if they fit well on a 68ci Flatline.

Next, for anyone who has these, how do you like them. I was thinking about getting a redz cover but then I saw these. Are these better in your opinion?

Thanks

JEDI
06-12-2002, 03:04 PM
I have both a 68 4500 flatline and a DYE tank cover. It fits perfectly. They work well. They're padded nicely. The zipper is a nice feature. It's a tank cover so there is not much to get excited about, but I can tell you the Dye one works well

shartley
06-12-2002, 03:18 PM
I too have a 68/4500 Flatline and Dye Tank cover. They fit like a glove.

It's a tank cover so there is not much to get excited about, but I can tell you the Dye one works well
Oh, I agree the Dye one works well… but I disagree that there is not much to get excited about. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a “Quality Nut”. I looked at several Tank covers (to include the Redz) as well as the Dye, and none came even CLOSE to the DYE.

Its quality in manufacture, its armor and padding, its fit, and its looks pushed it way on top of the list for me. Dye really did a nice job on this one. The attention to detail and overall quality speaks volumes. I would recommend this tank cover over any others on the market. And yes, it IS because I own one… after all, that is WHY I own it.

I say if you are going to do something, do it right, and every part of your setup should reflect your standards, from the Marker itself, to the elbow, hopper, barrel condom/plug, and even tank cover.

Cypres0099
06-12-2002, 03:24 PM
Finally someone who shares my point of view. :) This seams like a small thing to post about but if it's going to start falling apart on me, I don't want it even if it is 10 bucks less.

I have heard that the zipper scratches the tank. Is that really an issue?

shartley
06-12-2002, 03:35 PM
I just checked mine, and the way it is constructed, it should not be an issue (zipper scratching the tank). Both sides of the zipper are actually pretty well built up and are foam padded. The zipper is also VERY good quality with large teeth that fit perfectly and have rounded edges.

Again, the quality of every aspect of this tank cover surprised me.. and in a good way. There is not a single cheap part to it, not even the Velcro flap that folds over and covers the zipper tab (or whatever you call the part you grip.. LOL).. even THAT (the tab) is very well done.

I think you will love the Dye Tank Cover. If you have any doubts see if a local shop has one and go take a look.

JEDI
06-13-2002, 09:07 AM
I could swear I said I liked it...

JEDI
06-13-2002, 09:14 AM
Man! I really like this Blue elbow! Its great! Its such a wonderfull blue color! The angle of the elbow is much better than any other elbow. And look at these SCREWS! OH MY GOD!
These are the best elbow screws I've ever seen in my entire life. And did I mention that the top opening is bigger than the bottom opening. Now THATS planning! I love this blue elbow of mine! Its the greatest!

shartley
06-13-2002, 09:28 AM
JEDI
LOL Yes you did. I was just showing FAR more enthusiasm for the product. ;)

The Dye Tank Cover is far from being a hum drum, seen one, seen them all product. I think that was my point. For those that want a little more than your standard “It will cover your tank” product, it is the cover for them (and more than worth the price.. hard for me to say about a lot of Paintball Products).

The Dye Tank Cover is like the Ferrari of Tank Covers (IMHO), and I get excited about any product that goes the extra mile… no matter how mundane it may be for the average person.

The original poster seemed like he was sitting on the edge, wanted feedback, etc. And I seldom to ever just say “Yes, it is better.” Or “No, it is worse.” I also post why I think that. That way they can see where I am coming from with my review(s) or opinions.

Again, I was not saying you did not like the product, or that you did not give it a good review. It was more showing a difference like that of asking a sales person if they think a certain model of car is good and them saying “Yes, that one is nice. But after all, all cars will get you to the store to pick up a gallon of milk. Sure, this model will do okay.” And the other salesperson pointing out all the luxury features, nice seats, fully adjustable, nice sound system, special paint job, etc.

So, please do not take offense… I don’t think anyone thought you did not like the cover.

(Added Note because I see you wanted to push it: Yes, even the elbows I put on my markers matters to me. They do have much less features to worry about, but a good quality elbow is VERY important as well. The Tank Cover however have MANY more things to point out.

I will also point out that this thread is about the Dye Tank Cover, not elbows. You are now mocking me and my opinion of the Dye product. So be it… you my friend should pull back up your pants.. your rear is showing.)

Hexis
06-13-2002, 10:17 AM
I agree with shart 100%. The DYE covers take the concept of a tank cover and go that extra mile. It's not simply two bits of neoprene sewn together. There are extra pads in large wear areas, rubber logos on the sides (looks only) and a very nice rubber part on the back with gives you a very clean fit on your shoulder. My only complaint is that it does slide around a bit (tho I'm pretty sure any tank cover would). I would also like to see some elastic in the neck opening. Lots of folks like to complain about DYE, they like to pretend that you are just paying for the name. I'll let you come to your own conclusions for other products, but in the tank cover area there is nothing like the DYE covers.

Now if they only had green...

Cypres0099
06-13-2002, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Oh and JEDI, What elbow is it!!! Tell Me Please...Please...:D ;)

JEDI
06-13-2002, 01:21 PM
GEE i'm sorry guys. I was just trying to add a little humor to our thread. I agree with the "extra mile" sales pitch. But it really is a nice elbow...:D

Me
08-04-2002, 03:47 PM
I love mine. gives my marker the extra sassyness it needs.
they really are good though. easy to remove, zipper does not scratch the tank, and very cool looking

BajaBoy
08-04-2002, 04:48 PM
i have redz... its ripping.. and i hate the logo..

Me
08-04-2002, 04:56 PM
whats ripping?

personman
08-04-2002, 05:14 PM
I prefer the ACI deluxe or PMI deluxe elbows..
Of corse I have a warp.
I must have pretty low standards..
lol just look at my gun.

TransMan
08-04-2002, 06:38 PM
Well I would get a DYE tank covr or any other quality tank cover if someone would make a 114ci cover.:mad:

jah871
08-04-2002, 09:08 PM
i have a dye 68ci tank cover and i dont think they run too small becasue i have it on my 90ci tank.

tremis
08-04-2002, 10:06 PM
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew I would find a rave review by Shartley. Not one but two. In fact, I only know 2 products that he likes. I'm sure there are others but he appears to really really really like RT Pros and Dye tank covers. Anyway, this really isn't adding anything productive, so I'll just shut up now.

Tremis

shartley
08-04-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by tremis
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew I would find a rave review by Shartley. Not one but two. In fact, I only know 2 products that he likes. I'm sure there are others but he appears to really really really like RT Pros and Dye tank covers. Anyway, this really isn't adding anything productive, so I'll just shut up now.

Tremis
LOLROF

Yup… but there is the Warp Feed as well. The E-Mag is also fantastic (C&C being my Favorite at the moment). Oh, and I just LOVE the Dye Sticky Grips!

:D:D:D:D

ben_JD
08-14-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Its quality in manufacture, its armor and padding, its fit, and its looks pushed it way on top of the list for me. Dye really did a nice job on this one. The attention to detail and overall quality speaks volumes. I would recommend this tank cover over any others on the market.I bought this tank cover for two reasons:

1) I recently dumped my steel tank for a 68 CI fiber-wrapped tank and needed some cover; and

2) SHartley recommended it so vigourously.

I agree with Sam on all fronts (on this issue). I am glad to own the darn thing (and after tax, it cost me more than $30). It's manufacture, fit and quality leaves every other tank cover I have seen in a pile on the floor of discarded crud you wish you never bought.

I don't work for DYE and they are not a client. It's really that good.

Goldie D Pimp
08-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Dang..... I don't even think I like my dog as much as Shartely likes those covers! :)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Hey Sam...what's up...haven't heard from you in forever...

Cliffio
08-14-2002, 10:33 PM
they make my tank too bulky in my opinion, i know they are nice, but when i take it off it feels like the tank is much lighter and less of a bulk

Cliff

shartley
08-15-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
Hey Sam...what's up...haven't heard from you in forever...
I am still around. I post now and again, but remember I get swamped and have to pick and choose what I post in because of time constraints. I am still reading most everything though. :D

cphilip
08-15-2002, 07:23 AM
Hey Sam what you think about them Dye tank covers? Are they any good?

:D

shartley
08-15-2002, 07:27 AM
They is
DY-NO-MYTE!!!
;):D:D:D

Tubby_Ninja
08-15-2002, 11:06 AM
Based on the Shartley rave review, I just bought one of these for my Flatline 68. Got it at Paintball-Online for about $24. This thing is the most fantastic tank cover in history. All padded and sweet. Kicks my Lok-Sok's butt all over the place. Finally, a product that is a real improvement. Love it.

Cliffio said:

they make my tank too bulky in my opinion, i know they are nice, but when i take it off it feels like the tank is much lighter and less of a bulk

Take off your skirt, ya big pansy. :D