PDA

View Full Version : Z-grip....why the lies?

drboo
06-12-2002, 07:29 PM
Well, I'm slightly confused. Day in and day out I see posts about the desire for Tom to come out with another batch of Z-grips. Yet, all those who are itching for a Z-grip don't seem to look around in the For Sale forums. I've had a Z-grip for sale for months now, and yet no takers. I'm just curious, are you all waiting for the new grip b/c it's intellifed or is it something else? It just seems weird to me to have the praise, but not the desire to own one now.

rjvemt1
06-12-2002, 07:32 PM
i am waiting for the inteli-z. i am also hopeing that theyll go one step further and make an electro-z!

personman
06-12-2002, 07:34 PM
ooh ooh how much? :D

davej946
06-12-2002, 07:41 PM
check your thread in classifieds, i made an offer.

Later ~ Dave

BTW, Personman, where in Atlanta do you live? I live in Snellville and play every few Fridays @ Wildfire.

RATM
06-12-2002, 07:43 PM
A lot of people like their items new and not used.

personman
06-12-2002, 07:44 PM
I live in atlanta? I thought I lived in wacky squirells land! :p Um.. I live in atlanta.. uhh.. dunwoody sandy springs.. zip code 30328! YEAH BABY! ( I dont play at WF)

z-grip
06-12-2002, 08:08 PM
im all about the intelli z

subbeh
06-12-2002, 10:07 PM
I avoid buying used items... it's a hassle and a risk, especially with something that costs like 100 bucks...

ChuckWag78
06-13-2002, 09:07 AM
mmmmmmmmmm........Electro-Z!

That would just be awsome! It would cost an arm and a leg, but it would still be worth it.

Patron God of Pirates
06-13-2002, 09:28 AM
I uh..... Just bought one on the forums.... So there.

Mendel
06-13-2002, 11:18 AM
I don't want your old used Z-grip when I can buy a brand new one with intelli feed in a couple of months!

MrAirgunRT
06-13-2002, 02:46 PM
Did Tom actually ever say he was going to make the intelli-z. The only thing I read that he said was that it wouldn't be until fall until he even THINKS about it.

drboo
06-13-2002, 05:56 PM
I seem to recall MrAirgunRT being right. You guys may be waiting for something that doesn't even happen...

X-Plosive
06-13-2002, 06:08 PM
This is pretty disgusting. I think Tom is better off surprising us with new products. Does this mean everyone is going to hold out for the extreme and stop purchasing normal E-mags? Everyone realizes the performance is the exact same, correct? Other than a modular feed. Some people are not worthy of the Z-grip....

rjvemt1
06-13-2002, 06:38 PM
E-mags? Everyone realizes the performance is the exact same, correct is the ace available on the standard (i cant believe im calling am emag 'standard') e-mag

WARPED1
06-13-2002, 06:48 PM
I remember reading something Tom wtoye on zgrips,he said he won't do it until everything else on his "too do" list(which was real long),and then only if enough peeps requested them AND prepaid.So,don't hold your breath.

Wc Keep
06-13-2002, 08:09 PM
i dont like getting used items especially when you want to get back exactly what you paid for it. most of you guys want 110 for those z's. for that ill just wait for a brand new one.

X-Plosive
06-13-2002, 08:28 PM
In MY oppinion I don't see how the ACE is useful in the slightest. I don't think the ACE is worth noting.

bornl33t
06-14-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by drboo
Well, I'm slightly confused. Day in and day out I see posts about the desire for Tom to come out with another batch of Z-grips. Yet, all those who are itching for a Z-grip don't seem to look around in the For Sale forums. I've had a Z-grip for sale for months now, and yet no takers. I'm just curious, are you all waiting for the new grip b/c it's intellifed or is it something else? It just seems weird to me to have the praise, but not the desire to own one now.

what are you asking for it? I'm not going to buy a used one for the same price a NEW one will eventually cost...
and there's no telling what someone might have done to the frame before I get it... ie strip it , sand it, blah blah blah. Unless I REALLY want something with NO chance of getting it elsewhere I don't go for it.

Anyhow, my question to you.... if you are pissed off that you're product isn't selling then I would sugjest you quit calling others liars and staring calling yourself greedy?

it's all about price and demand remember? Demand is low cause we all want a new unscratched z ( that might be cosmetically redesigned ) and are willing to wait for Tom to catch up... as far as I remember it was a pretty sure thing that he was going t omake a batch of them... essentially he was saying ...." this will get them off my back... either I will make profit, or I can tell em why I don't make em"

rikkter
06-14-2002, 02:22 AM
intelli z? oh wait, i forgot AGD's tells you what to buy to make your own intelli. OOPS.!
like what, 20 bucks worth of things? IF that..

MrAirgunRT
06-14-2002, 11:23 AM
rekkter, it is more like 8 bucks. And there is housing inside the i-frame, not in the z-grips, unless he make izgrips:) that would have housing for the roller lever switch. I really don't care if Tom makes these or not, because I am getting a 'quote rjvemt1, a standard E-Mag' :D . Some other people may like the Z--Grip, I personally do Not.

rikkter
06-14-2002, 11:40 AM
well i didn't say it was 8 bucks. i said it was under 20.
and yes i figured somoene woul dpost about the insides of the zgrip not having any hosing, just mill out little areas and slab something sturdy in there and in those slabs and there ya go

WARPED1
06-14-2002, 11:53 AM
Personaly,I hate z grips.And that's all I have to say about that..................

drboo
06-14-2002, 01:48 PM
Off of Tom's Post "Z-Grip Offical AGD Announcement"

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17726

Time Frame:

Before we can even think about redesigning the Z-Grip I have to,
Finish the 4500
Rework the mold on the nubbins
Get the Superbolts into smooth production
Design the ACE system
Rework the Extreme bodies for the ACE
Redesign the Warp Feed Module for the Extreme
Gun Dyno the power tube tips with the Superbolt
Get the Extreme into production
Verify the mold fixes in the Warp diverter plate and adaptors
Get the AGD store photos and descriptions done for ALL our parts and products

So until you see all the things on this list done don't ask about Z-Grip production. I WILL produce them again unless you don't pre order, so be assured, AGD has spoken.

AGD

All of this was stated after a few warning about the new Z's not being cheap and having to be bought up ASAP! (go read the post)

First I'd like to Answer Heat's question. I am not being greedy, I merely posed a question about why so many people seem to want Z-grips but don't seem to be interested in buying a used one. Especially with the chance that the "new" one may never even exist. I hate to speculate what is going to be put out by AGD next, but It sure seems to me that there are bigger and better things on the horizon at the moment that are taking up his time. I don't need to sell my Z-grip, but I figured that somebody out there who really loves them would want one so it wouldn't go to waste.

Price and demand....my price is due to the (seemingly) high demand and low availabilty. So, yes, I understand that concept as well.

So I guess the wait will be long, and If it gets to the end....Tom will begin to "think about redesigning the Z-Grip"

X-Plosive
06-14-2002, 04:38 PM
actually it's just as easy to intelli a z-grip as it is to intelli an intelliframe. The z-grip's sear slot is the perfect depth for the microswitch, all you have to do is add a little bit of padding on the sides or you can just glue the microswitch in place with no padding. Then you bend the lever and it's done. Then drill one simple hole which is the part most people complain about. Very easy, under 5 minutes. You have to play around with the intelframe a little to get the right placement, but with the z-grip you just bend the lever:)

rikkter
06-14-2002, 11:34 PM
a clever lad. *clappp*

PaInTbALL zAcH
06-14-2002, 11:50 PM
You can intellifeed any mag frame- the intelliframe is just the easiest way. Hell if i like z grips ( and had a mechanical mag) Id get it. I buy most my stuff used

z-grip
06-16-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by X-Plosive
actually it's just as easy to intelli a z-grip as it is to intelli an intelliframe. The z-grip's sear slot is the perfect depth for the microswitch, all you have to do is add a little bit of padding on the sides or you can just glue the microswitch in place with no padding. Then you bend the lever and it's done. Then drill one simple hole which is the part most people complain about. Very easy, under 5 minutes. You have to play around with the intelframe a little to get the right placement, but with the z-grip you just bend the lever:)

just curious to know how you did you z, looking for other ways to go about it

MPCfox
06-16-2002, 10:48 PM
You can intel any gun with some effort, my cocker is set up for it, and cost me about 4 bucks to do.

btw guys, gonna be awhile for an e-zgrip