PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Intelliframe Question

Z-man
06-12-2002, 08:42 PM
It should be rather simple to answer too.

I am setting up the link to the Revy and unlike the pdf doc I looked at (very comprehensive) my Intelliframe has a nice hole through the center of the grip frame that comes out between the screws holes that hold the cradle and best of all on either side of this hole are small recessions so that if I have my warp mounting bracket attached, there is a space to conveniently (and snugly) fit the cable.

It seems too obvious to ask but is there *any* reason I cannot or should not use that? I assume that you AGD people tend to just improve on your designs as you go...

Thanks

davej946
06-13-2002, 02:24 AM
As far as I know, and I'm no expert, this hole and recess was added to make the cutting of the grips unnecessary. Use the holes, that's wht they're there for! :D

Go for It ~ Dave

Potatoboy
06-13-2002, 02:45 AM
Yep. That's what they're there for.

The first run (or two?) didn't have them.

Also, the extra bit of Aluminum (if it's still there in the newer ones) with a hole in it is to mount a female 3/32 plug. It looks real clean if you use that plug and punch a hole in the grips, but then the cord sticks straight out and can get in the way. It's best to use the wire channels, that's what they were put there for. The emag grip has one of them for that reason too.

Z-man
06-13-2002, 11:58 AM
Good good good!

I set it all up and it works real pro. I actually used some nice shrink pipe to give the dinky wire some extra protection and using silicone to "pot" the whole sodered area ensures that nothing will alter or damage it.:D