PDA

View Full Version : Why did my on/off fly out!!??

Doobie
06-12-2002, 09:21 PM
I was using a pre-set HPA tank on a vert adapter classic mag. I shot the mag as I unscrewed the tank. when I went to take out the valve, it wouldn't budge. I had to take the frame and rail off. When I did, there was a loud pop, and the on/off went whizzing by my friken head! I have this sinking feeling i did sumfin wrong!? I think it was shooting it as I degass? I know you do it with CO2 on blowbacks, but do you need to on a HPA mag? My other mag has a tank with an on/off on it so I never had to deal with this. Anyone?
:confused:

zads27
06-13-2002, 01:14 AM
Well I hope you found all your on/off and o-rings and stuff..

The mag will hold gas in it if you don't shoot it all (read: all) out after you degas. The air is trying to escape, it can't get back out thru the regulator, so it tries getting out through the powertube/bolt and the on/off.

One time a long time ago, I wasn't thinking and I put a little gas in my Automag when it was out of the marker.. on/off hit the ceiling.

Omicron
06-13-2002, 06:52 AM
If the valve doesn't come out, pull the trigger.

FrAuStY
06-13-2002, 09:23 AM
Actually,
As stated above.. fire the gun to completely degas the internals. Also hold trigger down while removing the valve assy. If you've done that and the on/off still comes out when removing it, here's my reply:

Mine started doing the same thing. I was like.. its never done this before.. WTF?? I took the on/off assembly apart, and you know what I found? A dirty on/off pin. Once I cleaned it, I could completely degas the gun and it doesn't happen anymore. The only thing I can think, is when that pin is dirty, it doesn't get pushed out by the remaing gas in the reg when you let go of the trigger. That gas instead of going into the dump chamber.. remains in the on/off assembly.

Dave
06-13-2002, 07:07 PM
I had the same prob...it was kinda scary. Ok
so you degased the gun and pulled the trigger, that is good. Now, if you have a quick-disconnect on your mag, undo it, let the air 'pop' out, and then unscrew your valve.

If there is still air in there, check your quick disconnect nipple. It could have a one-way valve in it, meaning that it allows the air from the tank to flow into the valve, but won't let the air remaining in the valve to come back out. Thats what was wrong with mine.

-Dave

paintbattler
06-13-2002, 09:27 PM
try re-oiling all the parts. it may help it out

Doobie
06-14-2002, 09:16 AM
paintballjunkie13: I had pulled the trigger. When the valve was stuck, that is the first thing I did.

Dave: No Q/C. It was a HPA tank in a vertical ASA (like the mni-mag). I have a Venom Highline DLX running from the ASA to the A.I.R. Valve. It has a bleed valve on it and I released it, too.

FrAuStY: I'm thinking that could be it. When I located my on/off assembly, the pin was still in the on/off bottom. I will clean all the parts and let you guys know how it goes.

To ALL: Thanks for all the suggestioins. This is the exact reason I love AO so much!:D :D :D