PDA

View Full Version : Reactor Valve

Krazy Ivan
06-13-2002, 07:47 AM
I must say. I am probably one of the most against putting aftermarket valves or backs on my mag. However, my trigger killed me last sunday when I shot a 'cocker faster then my 'mag. I then said, enough is enough. I need to lighten this trigger. I adjusted the input pressure, oiled the whole gun. Cleaned it pristinely and changed out the power tube spacers. To no avail, the difference was there, but nowhere near needed.

Then I broke down and did it. I broke down and bought the Reactor valve. Now after I spent over 2 hours just trying to get the darn thing to fit into my gun, it shoots so much better. I can now honestly say that I have a nice trigger.

Broken but not beaten
-Krazy Ivan

p.s. I still won't ever 8-hole mod my gun!!

RobAGD
06-13-2002, 09:00 AM
Ivan - Funny thing is that the valve did nothing to your trigger. There is no way the design of that on/off valve will change how your trigger feels unless for some odd reason your stock trigger pin was dragging in the stockparts.

Enjoy

-Robert

Krazy Ivan
06-13-2002, 10:15 AM
I know, that's why I never believed it either. I don't know why, but it definetly is lighter. It's not in my head either, because my girlfriend, who does not play paintball said that it felt lighter than before, and that was before I told her I got the new valve. Also because I didn't think it would do anything anyway.

I was surprised, however I swear, it is noticebly lighter.

Sorry rob.

FeelTheRT
06-13-2002, 10:57 AM
Rob i thought the Reactor valve was supposed to push your trigger back harder kinda like the ReTro?

davej946
06-13-2002, 11:03 AM
Dude, the BEST way to lighten the trigger of a Mag is to save up and invest, yes invest, in a ReTro Valve. Best $200 and best birthday present I've ever received! Much props to AGD.

Later ~ Jonesie

Krazy Ivan
06-13-2002, 11:44 AM
I thought the retro valve of all things would make a harder pull because it's pushing the trigger back.

And no the Reactor valve doesn't push the trigger back at all. It's supposed to give a higher flow rate, and give non RT mags a better recharge rate.

The recharge rate I still don't believe, however I'm stuck on their claim that it lightens the trigger, because on mine it did.:p

FutureMagOwner
06-13-2002, 02:21 PM
i think yyour confused on how it pushes back what happens is is when you fire the trigger uses a little thingy that pushes the trigger back so you can have the trigger go back to its resting possistion faster so you can shoot faster again

Krazy Ivan
06-13-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
...the trigger uses a little thingy that pushes the trigger back ...

Your technical words astound me.. J/K

The ReTro valve will push back on the trigger, whereas the Reactor valve is actually a bad name for it. It should be called high-flow valve, there isn't any added reactiveness unless you go ReTro.

ShooterJM
06-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
Rob i thought the Reactor valve was supposed to push your trigger back harder kinda like the ReTro?

That's what the Z-valve is supposed to do. Don't know about the reactor.

Hexis
06-13-2002, 03:37 PM
The ReTro doesn't use a "thingy" It has a light pull when the valve is at rest, and after it fires it increases the pull in effect pushing the trigger back. It's a very light pull.

The other way to have a smooth trigger is the IFrame frame. Combine the two (ReTro+IFrame) and it's like butter.

06-13-2002, 04:28 PM
i also have the reactor valve... thought it was going to lighten the trigger pull but it did nothing, i couldnt tell any difference between the reactor and stock valve... someone said its either a hit or miss with the reactor valve and it working how its supposed to...

Krazy Ivan
06-14-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by 1105
... someone said its either a hit or miss with the reactor valve and it working how its supposed to...

I guess I got a hit, it must be something with the tolerances then. But I swear it helped. I know it's not supposed to, but it did...