PDA

View Full Version : wire and plastic nubbin diff.

Polishpickles451
06-13-2002, 11:28 AM
What are the preformance differences between wire and plastic nubbins?
I look nubbin up in the dictionary once - it means an underdeveloped ear of corn. :D

FrAuStY
06-13-2002, 11:34 AM
wire ones are more firm.. they may have a tendancy to increase chances of breaking/chopping paint.
The plastic ones are more forgiving on paint and are supposed to last forever.

BlackVCG
06-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Plastic nubbins aren't suppose to last forever, they're just suppose to slowly wear down the triangular tip. I don't know of anyone that's completely wore down plastic nubbins to the point that they don't work anymore. But in comparison, plastic nubbins are 10x better than wire nubbins.

ShooterJM
06-13-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
Plastic nubbins aren't suppose to last forever, they're just suppose to slowly wear down the triangular tip. I don't know of anyone that's completely wore down plastic nubbins to the point that they don't work anymore. But in comparison, plastic nubbins are 10x better than wire nubbins.

So you're saying that I should replace my original wire nubbin that came with my mag after years and years of faithful service?!?!? :D Yeah, it's the same one that came on the factory crown point barrel. I just keep changing it from barrel to barrel. Just need to stop being lazy and order some new fangled plastic ones.

Havoc_online
06-13-2002, 03:54 PM
the plastic ones fit better on stock mag barrels. After market barrels like Dye don't work as good with plastic as the wire nubbins becuase of the deeper grove.

Kaiser Bob
06-13-2002, 04:01 PM
I tried a wire P nubbin once on my emag... chewed it up in 60 shots :mad: It was the store's barrel too, ah well. Plactic all the way.

xmetal2001
06-13-2002, 04:31 PM
Plastic looks better. When you show someone your barrel it looks muuchh cooler to see a piece of black plastic fitting nicely in the groove than a pathetic little wire barrelly held down by orings bent to act as a ball detent. and they last longer and work better:cool:

Havoc_online
06-13-2002, 04:37 PM
pathetic :confused:

Polishpickles451
06-14-2002, 03:14 PM
i've got a warp coming in the mail, and i was reading the online manual, and it said that the nubbin must be strong and firm. I've got a stock minimag barrel and the wire nubbin is alot firmer then the plastic one when I put it in. Havn't tried it with paint though.

hitech
06-14-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Polishpickles451
i've got a warp coming in the mail, and i was reading the online manual, and it said that the nubbin must be strong and firm. I've got a stock minimag barrel and the wire nubbin...

You want the plastic ones. I had problems with the wire ones. I would highly suggest the plastic ones. :D