PDA

View Full Version : will all the single male paint ball guys between the ages of 20-40 please stand up.

RomulanAle
06-13-2002, 06:58 PM
:D And tell us why you like paintball and how you got into the sport?

:D

magking1971
06-13-2002, 07:54 PM
*stands up* I'm 30
I got into paintball because it is the best excuse for exercise that I can think of.

Mango
06-13-2002, 07:58 PM
*stands up* I'm 22 and I love paintball becuase its fun. I started playing 12 years ago. The first time I played was in Paintball World in Orlando, Florida. Behind Old Town. It was so cool, I remember it like it was yesterday.

covadsucks
06-13-2002, 09:03 PM
*stands up* I got into the sport more than ten years ago...was a reward for doing well in school. Age 26 *hunkers down*

Major Ho
06-13-2002, 09:24 PM
Ill be 21 before the end of the year...But Im too lazy to stand up :D I got a magazine, got invited to a game one thanksgiving break, addicted ever since (Nov '97) I love paintball because of the competitive nature, all the toys that come with it. And I also love seeing the little paintball fly out and land right on the intended target. Its kinda like the feeling you get after scoring in any other sport.
*Goes back to slouching*

langrage
06-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Im 27 and was tired of getting shot by Goose so I got a gun to shoot back.:D

Restola
06-13-2002, 11:25 PM
I turn 20 in 6 weeks, but I'll reply anyways.

It is the most rewarding hobby I have found so far, it gets me outside, and I enjoy spending money.

I started playing with a few friends of mine six years ago. They have all since stopped playing.

Army
06-13-2002, 11:36 PM
*stands up* Hey! What about us over 40, overweight, long time not single guys? We play as much, if not more, than these young punks that can't get a girl!:D

I've played for over 5 years now, started after I saw my first marker up close. Heard about a local tourney, liked what I saw, bought first gun, haven't quit since!!

Tubby_Ninja
06-13-2002, 11:43 PM
31 years old. Friend of a friend organized a game. I loved it, and started organizing my own. Read up on this site, and bought an E-mag.

Thanks to Tom Kaye, my biceps are bigger, my teeth are whiter, my severed limb grew back, and chicks dig me!

gibby
06-14-2002, 12:17 AM
/me stands up!

I'm currently 31 years old. I first played the sport when I was around 23 years old. I played occassionally for many years after that but never got into the sport seriously because I lacked the knowledge of paintball markers and didn't own one until 2 years ago.

My first marker was a classic automag which I still have today. Ever since then, and after learning about this site, I've expanded my knowledge base and the love of the sport grew from there. It's just a great way to spend a day outside with friends and people who aren't afraid to get out and get dirty.

What's cool about this game is no matter what your playing style may be, you're instantly guaranteed a good time. It also allows me to be aggressive and play hard.

Granted, there are plenty of other things I enjoy with a passion. When asked what I'm doing over the weekend, where I can answer back, "I'm going out to shoot my buddies" and get away with it? Nothing like paintball that's for sure! :D

Tactical Neural Implant
06-14-2002, 12:36 AM
*stands up* Hi, my name is Tactical Neural Implant and I'm an alcoh..... Ooops sorry wrong meeting. *Leaves*

I'm 28. Started in college when some friends convinced me to try it out. Paintballing is a total rush of excitement. It's also like being a kid again (playing tag, cowboys and indians, cops and robbers, etc.) I only play recreation paintball though. I think (for me) tournament ball is too competitive and I don't have fun.:)

HungSolo
06-14-2002, 01:21 AM
I'm 26, started when I was 14 because it was fun, and a good way to punish my friends older brother (payback for all of the misery he caused us back then--BB's, punches, noogies, melvins, etc, etc). Needless to say, 12 years later it is still just as fun, even without the bully factor.

the JoKeR
06-14-2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Army
*stands up* Hey! What about us over 40, overweight, long time not single guys? We play as much, if not more, than these young punks that can't get a girl!:D

Yeah, what Army said! (except for the over 40 and overweight stuff:D )
I'm out of the dating pool now just because my wife would get mad? How wrong is that!!

Timmee
06-14-2002, 07:42 AM
*stands up, knee pops, falls back down* I'm 28, and I started playing in 1998. I can't really remember where I first heard about paintball, but I do remember that I bought a lot of paintball magazines before I picked up my first marker. Now I have 12 markers (3 of which I put together from parts).

WARPED1
06-14-2002, 11:32 AM
I'm 29,been playing 12 years,I play because it's the best damn adreniline rush ever,period.

ShooterJM
06-14-2002, 12:42 PM
Well let's see. I'm 22 and was first introduced to paintball when I was about 10 or 11. Why do I like it? At first it was just a fun thing to do with my friends on the weekends. Now that the only sports I'm participating in are sand volleyball and hockey, it's a great way to keep in shape. Not to mention exhilirating! Great way to meet people too.

Shockerboy18
06-14-2002, 02:56 PM
im 21 i got into paintball 3 years ago. i got into it because it an excuse to shoot people and get out and have fun

oldsoldier
06-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Lets see...31 and started playing in 89. No idea what my first gun was, but it was a "rock and shoot". Got into in by a guy I served in the Army with...it was kinda OJT, us being Infantry (back when woods games were all there was.). Owned a bushmaster pump, which I still have, gone through several other guns, now settled on an emag. I play now because no one else I know does, and I can lie about how good I am!!!:D

-Jôker-
06-14-2002, 04:32 PM
im 16 AND IM GONNA STAND UP TO!

startted playin 3 years ago because it looked fun! so i tried it and now im poor and NEVER get to play

bornl33t
06-14-2002, 06:49 PM
My name is Tim, I can cook, have a decnet job I've held for 4 year now, with a moderate income. Am self sufficient, can fix about anything, even if it's not broke. Have a sence of humor like to have fun, travel alot. I like to hang out with other ppl, play paintball, work on muscle cars, some art. Like many styles of music am a movie buff ( even chick flix ).
6'02" 200lbs Dark hair/eyes

Looing for: Short hair girl with a pretty smile. Needs to have ideas and style. Possibly from Bremerton Ages 19-23. About 6' so kissing isn't a hassle. Someone who's infatuated with me, so I don't have to be :D
Needs to like to have fun, likes to be soiled and not always worry that she isn't good enough.

How's my app? That's what you sound like your looking for?

I mean, first the gender question.. then this? How bout you tell us what your looking for then we'll tell you if we fit the bill :D :D

btw I'm just giving ya a hard time...and not all of that is true heh

virus
06-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by magking1971
*stands up* I'm 30
I got into paintball because it is the best excuse for exercise that I can think of.

well i'm not 30 but getting there (28)..... and couldn't agree more about the best escuse for exercise one could think of... besides... its a good reason to get out of the house and have some sort of sanity away from my twin daughters.... granted i luv them to death but i dread the day they get into this great sport of ours.... they are 7 now and once they hit 10 or so they can go with me and play.... at least they'll have so good markers to use... meanin i'll probly have 2-3 more by then..... i think i may have to get myself a pump of some sorts cuz once they start playin i think i will have a hard time payin for paint esp with the way i go through it.....

now i've been playin for the last 5 years.... single kinda by choice (ie dont actively search for a girlfriend, having twins keeps one busy enough)(fyi the twins live with me not their wacko mother... but shes another story to be told while drunk... not worth the time otherwise) =) though if i were to hit it off with someone, i'm sure i could work her into my life....

but i must get back to my week of quiet now.... grandma has taken the kids to cape cod for a week.... and will be doing so for most of the summer.........
man i luv school vacations =)

Quiet
06-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Just hit 24.
Got into the sport with a friend. We'd been teaching each other in the sports at which we excelled. One person was always the expert and the other the novice. We were introduced to paintball at about the same time and have enjoyed being on a level footing. It's a good activity socially, some adrenaline on the field, and Time to chat between games.

MantisMag
06-14-2002, 08:17 PM
my leg fell asleep so i'm just going to remain sitting. i'm 20 years old (21 next month). i like paintball because it's fun. don't ask why. it just is. my best friend john (sprayingmango) got me into it. also got me hooked on mags. now i'm a total paintball whore. spend all my money on either playing or new equipment.

p.s. i may not be single much longer. :D wish me luck.

Jonno06
06-21-2002, 08:23 AM
hm...thats quite sick...

im 16 too,and i play paintball,well,because it owns...

ShooterJM
06-21-2002, 09:22 AM
was this just personal edification or is this a study or something?:confused:

RomulanAle
06-21-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM
was this just personal edification or is this a study or something?:confused:

It was a study. What did you think ya wise ***?

FatMan
06-21-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by RomulanAle

Was hopeing a different part would stand up anyway:D

NOT

Well you're askin' the wrong people - these single guys don't have a clue - you need to ask someone who knows the territory! Someone with experience!

FatMan

RomulanAle
06-21-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by FatMan

Well you're askin' the wrong people - these single guys don't have a clue - you need to ask someone who knows the territory! Someone with experience!

FatMan

LMAOROTF!

FatMan
06-21-2002, 02:57 PM

LMAOROTF!

What? I'm serious! I feel left out! I was going to start a "all hot female paintball players between the ages of 18 and 45 please stand up" thread, but I figured no-one would post!

Us 40 year old married guys have feelings too ya know!

FatMan

RomulanAle
06-21-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by FatMan

What? I'm serious! I feel left out! I was going to start a "all hot female paintball players between the ages of 18 and 45 please stand up" thread, but I figured no-one would post!

Us 40 year old married guys have feelings too ya know!

FatMan
LMAOROTF!

Clare
06-21-2002, 05:17 PM
Was hopeing a different part would stand up anyway

:eek: um.....

dmonahan
06-21-2002, 06:51 PM
I'm 37. Started playing back in 86. Love the sport for the
adrenalin rush. Just like sailing through the air on a dirt bike or flying down a hill on my mountain bike. Got to have that adrenalin. Also like the team aspeect of tournament play..Oh yeah and walking over a group of snot nosed 16 year old in less than 2 minutes after that talk smack about that team of old men.

bornl33t
06-22-2002, 12:07 AM
Ale.... you're odd. Maybe this isn't the right forum for you?

RomulanAle
06-22-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Heat
Ale.... you're odd. Maybe this isn't the right forum for you?

***sighs*** Nobody likes me humph!
:(

bofh
06-22-2002, 10:03 PM
***sighs*** Nobody likes me humph!
:(

No, no, no, not at all. He's just looking out for your best interests. :)

covadsucks
06-23-2002, 10:07 PM
Seeing as how we all gave a bit of info on us, Romulanale, let's hear yer sordid details.

TooDamnSweet
06-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by covadsucks
Seeing as how we all gave a bit of info on us, Romulanale, let's hear yer sordid details.

Now you've done it!.........:D LOL Just kidding.

Vegeta
06-23-2002, 10:49 PM
OK, I have YET to see el Mistre Hartley speak in this thread..... someone's in denial....

(now /me sits down- not in the rquired age category...

too old :) )

covadsucks
06-23-2002, 11:14 PM
I'm still waitin over here...LOL

oldsoldier
06-24-2002, 09:45 AM
Dammit, i'm still single AND still standing!!!!

ShooterJM
06-24-2002, 02:27 PM

It was a study. What did you think ya wise ***?

Eh wasn't sure, you'll note that didn't stop me from responding! hehehe amazing really. In the space of one exchange you've locked onto 2nd most frequent nickname friends know me by! Shooter being my normal nickname.

RomulanAle
06-24-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
Dammit, i'm still single AND still standing!!!!

You've been standing for a long time then?:D

RomulanAle
06-24-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM

Eh wasn't sure, you'll note that didn't stop me from responding! hehehe amazing really. In the space of one exchange you've locked onto 2nd most frequent nickname friends know me by! Shooter being my normal nickname.

LMBO! Then you will have to consider me a friend since I already know your nickname and all:D

oldsoldier
06-24-2002, 08:46 PM
Well, ok, not standing ALL the time....:rolleyes:

ShooterJM
06-28-2002, 04:55 PM
LMBO! Then you will have to consider me a friend since I already know your nickname and all:D

Very true! One of them anyway, depending on who the person is and where they met me the nicknames change. Shooter is by far the most frequent though. Started in college and just spread to everyone I know. Half the people I know don't even know how I got it!