PDA

View Full Version : Quick Photoshop Help

theraidenproject
06-13-2002, 07:22 PM
PS Elements will only let me crop in ratio to the original image. For example, if the original image is a square, I can only crop in squares, I can't make a long, skinny rectangle. This is really frustrating me, and the help menus aren't helping at all. How can I change this?!?!?!?!

AssassN
06-13-2002, 11:19 PM
ya i don't like cropping in photoshop. I sent it to paint and do it there.

Will Wood
06-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Hmm..Cropping is EASY in Paintshop. Sorry, just had to get that out as one who prefers PSP...

shartley
06-14-2002, 04:56 PM
I am confused… it will allow you to RESIZE the image and it will allow you to do so keeping the same proportions OR by unclicking Constrain Proportions you can choose to resize at will. But when you say CROP…. That confuses me. You can crop using your left tool menu and the CROP tool and then simply size the adjustable crop area any size you want and then double clicking OR going to your main menu and choosing CROP from the IMAGE menu. Nothing hard about that at all.

CRiZO
06-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Yeah... if you really mean crop and not resize... there is nothing hard about it at all and I pity you. If you mean resize, just turn off constrain proportions, but that distorts it. If you don't want that, you can use the resize canvas, but crop tool is tons easier, unless you want some certain #..

theraidenproject
06-15-2002, 10:46 PM
I can crop... normally. It is screwed up, now. I admit, my explanation sucked, but a picture, albeit a hastily thrown together, bad one, is worth a thousand words, so I hope this and the following explain it.

theraidenproject
06-15-2002, 10:46 PM

shartley
06-16-2002, 04:37 AM
Looks like you have a problem with your software. That is not normal, and NOT an accurate indication of Photoshop, or what it can do.... did you pay for your copy?

windigossak
06-16-2002, 04:02 PM
yea...also, you say that you are using Photoshop Elements...try using the FULL version of Adobe Photoshop...are you running this on a mac or pc?

theraidenproject
06-16-2002, 07:06 PM
It came bundled with the computer (Sony Vaio desktop). It's fine for what I need, which is just editing photos. It turns out, that the height and with were locked for the crop. All I needed to do was hit clear on the crop taskbar (whatever you call it under the photoshop toolbar at the top), and it works fine.

personman
06-18-2002, 12:39 AM
Um.. anyone want to send me a copy of photoshop?
I'll send you a cut pt o ring and a wire nubbin in return!

Clare
06-18-2002, 12:44 AM
test