PDA

View Full Version : Some Barrel Kit Questions

theraidenproject
06-13-2002, 08:50 PM
I have several questions before I buy a barrel kit. I am debating between the freak and equation pro kits. Freak (with freak front) is $183 @ buywholesalepaintball.com, and the equation is $175 @ blackfootpaintball.com
Now for the questions:
1.) Have you ever dealt with either retailor? Good or bad experience?
2.) How well does the equation shoot through breaks?
3.) How well does the freak w/ freak front shoot through breaks?
4.) What length extension would I need for a 8-10" unported length with the equation?
5.) What length AA front would I need for 8-10" unported length with the freak?
6.) Can freak backs be powdercoated? I have only seen freak fronts.
7.) What part(s) of the equation can be powdercoated?
8.) Which would you reccomend?
Thanks in advance.

covadsucks
06-13-2002, 09:15 PM
Had two freak systems. Hated them both. My inserts one more than occasion bent sliding into the back so that it would create a small "lip" and break massive amounts of paint. Can't say a thing about the equation kit as I've never used one. I can highly recommend the CP Barrel kit. I have one now it's awesome. durable, all aluminum construction, both halves of the barrel can be anno'd. Shoots real straight and comes with .685, .689 and .693 inserts. I have one more on the way for my Mag. Don't know how they shoot through breaks as I rarely break paint in my markers.

theraidenproject
06-13-2002, 09:24 PM
I already looked at the CP kit, but you can't change threading, without getting all new sizes. Sure, it may work now, while I have a mag, and later, when I get an emag, but if I move up to, or get the extreme upgrade, or change guns, I don't want to by all new backs.

covadsucks
06-13-2002, 09:37 PM
You can get a back for 40 bucks. cheaper than a Freak and still get it anno'd for free. I just ordered another back today from them for my Mag -46 bucks total that's also including shipping. You can't beat that kind of pricing. Oh and the barrels are all standard lengths unlike the Freak which add's an inch to the overall length....

theraidenproject
06-13-2002, 09:42 PM
I thought you needed a new CP back for every bore? So, that would make the Freak more cost effective, and easier to deal with. Tons of people have freaks, making selling or trading a back very easy. However, replacing all my mag threaded CP backs through a trade would be hard to find, or very, expensive to buy all new ones.

covadsucks
06-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Ya got me there...it is costly to replace through a trade as the Freak is more popular, but then again so are cockers and Angels in the tourney circuit...if only they knew that the Emag will whip their Elf havin' four(teen) ways...I have to admit, I only got on the CP bandwagon when my freak wouldn't thread into my GZ Timmy and the CP kit my bro has fit like a glove.

theraidenproject
06-13-2002, 09:52 PM
If it weren't for the expenseif I got a new gun, I would get the CP in a second. I've heard great things about it, but, the Freak or Equation would be easier, and should, barring manufacturing defects, etc., shoot exactly the same.

Top Secret
06-13-2002, 10:03 PM
I'm very happy with my Automag Freak. Best system I've used.

InfinatyBPS
06-13-2002, 10:13 PM
I hear the equasion is better than the freak, they have teflon coated SS inserts so no worries about dinting the inserts, IMO they look cooler than Freaks and will give you the kinda barrel that people will say "wow thats a sweet barrel, what is it...?" and personaly I would take the equasion over the freak, just seems better to me...

deweasel697
06-13-2002, 11:47 PM
I bought one of my markers from buywholesalepaintball.com and was very pleased. They didn't have the right powerfeed in stock so the owner called me personally and worked me through the problem. I decided to just wait for it to come in stock, and he surprised me by ordering the marker and shipping it to me overnight. Also I frequently recieve postcards form them with special offers thanking me for my business.

theraidenproject
06-13-2002, 11:55 PM
They seemes nice. I emailed them a question about carrying the Equation Kit, and I got a friendly response in a couple hours. They will definatly recieve some of my business very soon. I still don't know which barrel to get (very few of my actual questions have been answered, but thanks to the advice given thus far), but I will definatly get my next jersey from them, since I'm moving away from my current green scheme. Their pbjunkies jerseys are only $30! :eek: