PDA

View Full Version : Best upgard

Kyleb44
06-14-2002, 12:08 PM
ok i just bought a mag and was wondering what you guys thought was the first upgrade i should get

Krazy Ivan
06-14-2002, 12:10 PM
Barrel, or Nitro tank.

Then a ReTro valve

WARPED1
06-14-2002, 12:13 PM
Barrel
Nitro
HALO B
LVL 10

mykroft
06-14-2002, 01:34 PM
12V Revvy
HPA
Level 10 mod

rikkter
06-14-2002, 01:37 PM
barrel is a must.
12v revvy.. no. bad barrel will just chop paint and definitally won't out shoot a 12 volt that way.
definitally HPA system.
foregrip, this will help stable the gun more then you know.
if your a double trigger person, cut the trigger gaurd and install one.. their cheap
wouldn't worry about the retro if you can shoot faster then 16bps.. and unless you want the reactive trigger.
and yes of course the level 10 moddd

Havoc_online
06-14-2002, 04:14 PM
first and foremost the best thing you can do for a mag is to get nitro, then a something to load faster than you can shoot so you get a good feed rate and dont chop then a barrel(stock barrels are'nt as bad as many ppl believe) or a Retro valve.

JT2002
06-14-2002, 11:55 PM
what is a level 10 upgrade?

rikkter
06-15-2002, 12:03 AM
mod for automags that will reduce ball chopping
it slowers the speed of the bolt til a certain point, making a softer contact on the ball which causes most chopping on automags (as Tom as said)
thus making it softer, less ball breaks.. eh yeah i said that already
oh yeah. less ball breaks.

JT2002
06-15-2002, 10:11 AM
how do you do that mod or where do you get it done.

rikkter
06-15-2002, 11:18 AM
all it is a new bolt i think, its self explanitory, and its still in the works, look in the paintball talk forum section.. you'll see.

Kyleb44
06-15-2002, 04:16 PM
thank everyone i am defintly going to get a hpa system what is the best one (and cheapest)

RT_Luver
06-15-2002, 05:08 PM
best upgrades in order IMO

first off...if you dont have one...buy a 12v revy w/ x board

1.intelliframe
2.ReTro valve
3.shocktech drop forward
4.warp feed
5.warp feed body
6.12 in" freak kit

RT_Luver
06-15-2002, 05:09 PM
oh yes...and when ever you want to( pretty soon) an AGD flatlinbe tank(because it's AGD and you'll need a nitro tank

paintbattler
06-15-2002, 05:34 PM
i would get a freak, forgrip, nitro, 12v revvy, retro, warp

OldSchoolMag
06-15-2002, 08:05 PM
HPA is a good call.

Well, first, make sure your Mag comes with a barrel - some places sell them without one. Try to find out the size of the paintballs that you will use most often, and then get a barrel with that bore size. Common is .689, I believe. It don't matter what kinda gas you're running if you don't have a barrel. These can cost you anywhere from $35 to ... around $120 for a single barrel. There are bore sizing barrels, that have inserts so you can match ANY kind of paint. These are the pick of the crop, although some sets run well into the $200 range.

Then, get a loader. Any kind will do if you're just scrounging, but if you don't want to shake your hopper every 5 seconds to allow the balls to fall through, get an agitated hopper. They have a little propeller inside (in most) that moves the balls around allowing them to fall through the hopper quicker. These can cost from $40 to $120. Anything will do, really - some feed faster than others. The regular hoppers (shakers) I mentioned earlier will run you about $5.

Now, on to the HPA. 'Mags have a hard time running C02 in their valves (and the upper end kinds won't even allow it) so most people use Nitro for the better consistancy of shots you'll get, plus you won't really be damaging your marker. Now, there are the cheapo small tanks that hold 3000psi and are steel, and they cost generally $80-$120, depending on where you shop, or what you get. I think Crossfire sells the cheapest of these that there is. Now, these tanks all have regulators on them - they regulate the air coming out of them in PSI (pounds per square inch). You can't turn the pressure up or down in these. The upper level HPA systems not only allow you to regulate it yourself (well, within a certain range) but you can also have more air in your tank. 4500psi, and a select few companies make 5000psi, are the highest amount of air that you can get in your tank. The smaller the tank (45ci, 68ci, 88ci, 114ci) the less air it holds. However, the bigger the tank, well... the bigger and bulkier it is. These tanks usually run you well over $350. Now remember - as with most all tanks (with several exceptions) you need to get them rehydro'd every 3 years. What this means, is that they test them for leakage underwater. Most tanks do not pass these tests (in my experience). So, basically, you're shelling out $350 every several years. Fun.

On a Mag, I also reccomend a foregrip - they're fairly cheap, $25 or so, and help you stabalize the gun very nicely. Also, if you're in the mood, you can buy a double trigger frame - these allow you to use both fingers, letting you fire faster. It's really just a preference, and some people even prefer single triggers. These cost about $75 to $120, depending again on what you get and where.

Paintball Watch (http://www.paintballwatch.com) compares prices from a lot of different online places. I'd look there if I were you.

Well, welcome to AO, and we hope you enjoy your new Mag! Post any questions or comments you have here for the best feedback on the net!

OSM