PDA

View Full Version : Funny Read on Trajectory, Etc

Telefragged
06-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Distance/Trajectory Thread (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=63396) <-- There's a nice thread on how apparently, some guns do shoot farther than other when shooting the same speed. Augh, some people are so ignorant, its just funny. Nice to know that I'm surrounded by a bunch of smart, logical AO'ers.

Army
06-14-2002, 11:05 PM
hahahahahaaaaa...*wipes laff-tears* oooohoooo!

That is rich! 'It's all about the internals man, the balls fly farther because I have a turbo valve in my Shimpockergel man!'

I left my $.02, and I tried to be nice...but couldn't!:cool:

rx2
06-14-2002, 11:31 PM
Ahhhh...
Brain, melting... Neurons, demylenating... necrosis...

How is there so much confusion? Even factoring in the loss of physical cues through the internet, I am always boggled by how a clearly stated inquiry could present so wild of a misinterpretation. I couldn't even get past the first page of posts.
Beliefs can make for some odd reasonings. Of course, when one spends so much on a marker, I can see how one would want to bend logic and reason in order justify the purchase.

Bartleby
06-14-2002, 11:38 PM
yikes army, looks like you shut them all up! :D :D left no one for me!? oh well...:D :D nice job

Army
06-15-2002, 12:09 AM
heh heh heeeeeh!

zads27
06-15-2002, 01:05 AM
I got through about the first page and a half before I stopped because my neurons were trying to put themselves out of their misery.

LittMag
06-15-2002, 03:47 AM
Time to step over the line here... I hate the friggin distance argument it just raises my blood pressure to see people discussing something w/o any actual information... Arguing online is like winning the gold in the special olympics, either way you're still retarded. (I apologize to any special olympians, you work hard and congrats).

magatron
06-15-2002, 04:07 AM
lmao vary well put littmag, vary well put. it's amazing how such stupidity seems to amass in one place and, the others come here. god bless the agd and the AO

oldsoldier
06-15-2002, 05:37 AM
hehe...there was an arguement a while ago on snipercountry.com about a similar thing; however, rifle consistency is MUCH easier to figure; but it is the same principle. These people shouldnt be asking "what shoots further?", they should just spend $2k on whatever they want to buy, and subrscribe to that manufacturers beliefs.:D That way, EVERYONES marker shoots further, stariaghter, ect! Because, no matter how much actual physical evudence you present, there is always a naysayer.

krafty
06-15-2002, 10:09 AM
Sounds like some people over there need to go back and re-read their physics textbooks. (Or, more likely, just read them instead of falling asleep in class all the time!)

rx2
06-15-2002, 10:19 AM
I doubt that any sort of learning in the field of physics will help many of these people. They will always try and find a way to skirt around scientific principles in order to justify their beliefs, such as by arguing that physics only holds up in an ideal environment. Then, when they are cornered, they begin to argue in circles, and go on about how you are misinterpreting something, or the like.
About the only way this will ever be settled is to have a large pool of data demonstrating ALL markers, including data demonstrating tests done in a realistic scenario.
Of course, if they aren't familiar with statistics, then I suppose that they will take the data and skew it, focusing on only the anomalies.
I suppose, then, that the only way to prove them wrong is to do just that. Go out and shoot them silly. Perhaps then they will understand. Arguing with these people is like arguing with a very stupid person. They have no idea how logic works, or arguments proceed, so any point that you make will completely miss them, and they will merely come back with some sort of drivel that, while making perfect sense to them, makes no real sense at all.

Yatta!
06-15-2002, 11:18 AM
Yatta:
Died:6-15-02
Cause:Laughing so hard his lungs exploded

Please don't be stupid, you might kill somebody from laughing at your stupidity.

Yatta!

RT_Luver
06-15-2002, 11:23 AM
some ppl think that they know everything...and its funny, they know nothing

OldSchoolMag
06-15-2002, 04:56 PM
God, I love that thread.

"Well, your physics are wrong!"

Yes, that's right. The earth is the center of the universe. If one object weight more than another, it will fall to earth faster. Gravity - don't get me started on that baloney.

OSM