PDA

View Full Version : Retro vs Standard

Snakebite78
06-14-2002, 10:57 PM
Question: Is the retro worth it?

I have owned my retromag for a while now and have been wondering whether or not my retro valve was worth it. My friend has both and i cant tell if the retro does as much as it is said to. I know there are many factors of air source frame and hoses, but to tell you the truth, i dont think it is worth it to pay 100 dollars extra for a retro valve. What do you think?

liigod
06-14-2002, 11:04 PM
i dont like it when my trigger bounces forward. I can fire PLENTY fast without it, and i dont like the fact that i dont feel like i have total control over the gun. It seems that the RT just makes it harder to control the trigger. This is my opinion, most people dont agree.

RT_Luver
06-14-2002, 11:38 PM
its worth it EVERY BIT.

1. NO SHOOT DOWN, you'll never have to worry about you velocity spiking or anything like that

2. fastest way to shoot your mag and they feel GREAT.

3. I LUV UM

4.nuff said

SiLeNt X
06-15-2002, 09:48 AM
Ill tell you when my rt mag comes

Quiet
06-15-2002, 12:37 PM
Did the Go Retro thing, haven't looked back since. Only downside is that I end up spending more on paint.

davej946
06-15-2002, 12:47 PM
I just got mine this week. Before, my trigger felt kinda long and stiff. Now it feels like a mouse click, that I think would rival many of the electros that I've fired.

To make the trigger feel right, you have to mess with the input pressure. When I first tried mine out, I didn't notice much difference between the AIR and RT. Then I upped, downed, and played with the pressure till I got it juuuust right! Won't play without it now!

Later ~ Dave

paintbattler
06-15-2002, 08:34 PM
yes, it is very well worth it. the high ROF is killer and no shootdown helps a lot too

gibby
06-16-2002, 12:46 AM
The difference I saw from my standard and the retro was night and day! I never realized how much it can improve the performance of my marker. I couldn't be any happier, well, maybe an Emag would be nice! :D

To me, worth every penny I put down!!