PDA

View Full Version : Did you watch Splattor Factor?

InfinatyBPS
06-15-2002, 11:58 AM
Did you watch Splattor Factor? What did you think of it?

Ekul
06-15-2002, 12:11 PM
Not much of a show but it's just the first episode and there isn't much else to choose from at present. It's kinda like when the NFL first started it's TV career in that they had to come up a way to capture the action. Until paintball does this for tournaments all we're going to see on tv is the first place teams making off with the prizes. I'd like to see some game turning shots and game plays but I also understand they're just getting going. It will never be better than the real live action but I'm going to tune back in and support them as much as possible.

PV=nRT
06-15-2002, 12:16 PM
I agree with Ekul. The show is just getting started. They have to build up a large fan base and then they will probably get more sponsors/money. But, I think they are off to a good start. They are on the right track, and I'm sure it will get better, so everyone make sure to tune in and support them!

paintslinger
06-15-2002, 12:20 PM
i thought it was kool...i woke up a half hour early then went back to sleep and missed the first 3 minutes of it...then i could barely hear due to loud mouth family members. but from what i saw it was kool. glad they did a history of paintball type thing so that people that dont know what it is could get an idea. also the whole newbie corner with the spyder maintence is kool for the newer players also the shopping trip. throwing a celeb in the mix makes the sport look less barbaric. but i tell u this the paintball footage wasn't no PUSH i tell ya that. anybody notice how on the nppl commercial they just had to sneak in a lil clip of "doo doo brown"(cant think of name) throwin a temper tantrum?? interesting it is....

magman007
06-15-2002, 01:25 PM
did any body tape it? i will pay for the tape and s&h please tell me someone taped it!

VBmag87
06-15-2002, 01:54 PM
I watched it,and taped it for my friend.The next episodes will probably be better because like all you guys said they are just getting started. But It was pretty good, and I liked watching it.:D

liigod
06-15-2002, 02:03 PM
i taped it im guna watch it later, i was asleep.

WickeDKlowN
06-15-2002, 02:05 PM
i wanted to watch it, but i didnt go to bed until like 6:30 so i slept through it.

magatron
06-15-2002, 02:34 PM
i knew i wouldnt of woke up in time so i stayed up until afetr it came on. i think i saw more action in the commercials though lol, and there were abuncha commercials like every 5 minutes, but i'm sure like said it will get better with time. honestly, to u guys who missed it you didn't miss much.

tool
06-15-2002, 02:48 PM
I wanted to watch it but I forgot :( when is the next episode gonna be?

Ov3rmind
06-15-2002, 03:13 PM
You forgot the "Yes, but I wish I didn't" option. Seriously though, hopefully next week's will be better (please God, let there be good covering of MGO).

paintbattler
06-15-2002, 05:19 PM
man. i missed it.DANG

Croix71
06-15-2002, 08:49 PM
It was o.k. I'm curious how the other episodes will turn out. :D

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
06-16-2002, 04:49 PM
It blew.... the best part of the show HAD TO BE the commericals. :)

But you know what helped me out... now i know how to reset the sear in a spyder, jab it with a flathead screw driver instead of just pulling the trigger.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MikeCouves
06-16-2002, 04:53 PM
Well put it this way, it's better than nothing. It's great for the paintball community. Look at things like BMX bicycling, it's first shows were terrible, they were really bad, but all the bikers still watched them because they appreciated the sport. As time went on, BMX grew and grew and is still growing, and now there's events like X-Games, Gravity Games, multiple shows, Real TV showings, etc. It's just going to take time for the show to get better and learn more.

If it was as least decent, consider ourselves lucky. Most first shows of anything aren't so great, and this was the first paintball show EVER!

Also, I think we should all give a round of applause to the genious man/woman who invented the TV! ;).

Raptor3359
06-16-2002, 07:28 PM
what is the Splattor Factor? What channel does it come on and what time?

Kai
06-16-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
You forgot the "Yes, but I wish I didn't" option. Seriously though, hopefully next week's will be better (please God, let there be good covering of MGO).

That option has my vote.

I don't think there were enough plugs for Kingmann and Raven...

My friends and I have edited better paintball footage on our home PC with Premiere. Which I wouldn't doubt is what they used for this show. Crap.

FrAuStY
06-17-2002, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure if you guys noticed the advertising aspect of this show. This show is probably there for two reasons. Advertisment and education. They want to get paintball mainstream, to do that they advertised mostly for the inexpensive guns.. kingman/tipmann pirahna etc.. this way people won't be thwarted by the high cost of the high end markers I.E. Emag/Angel/Cocker etc.. Think about back when you didn't know much about paintball. Most people don't want to spend 1300$ starting into a hobby. They want to start cheap, get comfortable then move up. All in all sure it wasn't what I was expecting but for what it was.. it did what it was supposed to do. ADVERTISE PAINTBALL!

covadsucks
06-17-2002, 06:50 PM
The hostess with the black hair needs to not wear Spandex again. She looked not so great in her get up. As for the content, while it was geared for entry level viewers and players it was informative, and portrayed paintball in a very positive manner, they just need to get rid of that beginning with the Epic, that's just what's needed some dingleberry pointing a "loaded" marker at the camera. Real Smart.

z-grip
06-17-2002, 07:10 PM
i watched it, hung over and everythin, kinda rough, but it will get better eventually, i liked the actuall commercials from the industry, it was neat

CNickerson
06-17-2002, 07:38 PM
I was actually on my way to play paintball when it started....Not that I thought it'd be bad or anything, but real life beats any tv show hands down :).

MPCfox
06-17-2002, 09:50 PM
I missed it the first time i saw the show, but did anybody else notice the guy useing wd-40 to lube up the bolt during that "tech" segment?

cris8762
06-17-2002, 10:00 PM
anybody notice on the website the really hot side host?..i didnt see the show..and that the have the Dahm triplets on teh 3rd episode