PDA

View Full Version : get rid of blowback

liigod
06-15-2002, 03:04 PM
in another post in them main forum, someone asked if anything had beend done about blowback with level ten. Well i was thinking about this very subject a while back. What i came up with is that the automags barrel system is the flaw. What we ned to do is take a lesson from intimidators. With an intimidator the bolt is HUGE. It wont even fit into the end of a normal barrel. The bolt never leaves the chamber and enters the barrel durrign its travel. What it does is it pushes the ball into the the breach of the gun, and fires it there, then the ball enters the barrel and exits the marker. With this system you can size the bolt PRECISELY to the body of the gun, meaning no more less blowback. Next on the list is that you can use an oring on the bolt pretty easily, which basically eliminates blowback. The extreme emags could possibly take advantage of thise, because they use cocker threads.ill tell you this, on my intimidator there is 0 blowback, none, zip. The only gun that has less is my force 5 which sucks the balls into the gun :D . If the auto mag had so little blowback like other guns then it could feed extremely fast wihtout bolt pinching like the level ten will provide. This mixed with level ten will provide a maker that will fire faster than most on the market without any breaking.

FrAuStY
06-20-2002, 12:39 PM
Not to shoot down the idea.. but hasn't the EMag already proven to be the fastest feeding and shooting marker around? Show me an angel shooting 20 bps WITHOUT shootdown. Show me an Impy shooting the same WITHOUT shootdown. I bet you can look forever and never find one. Blowback is a small issue with mags. Chopping was the number one "problem" everyone mentioned. LVL10 clears that up and still allows the gun to fire 20+ bps. Nuff said :D

Miscue
06-20-2002, 05:52 PM
Blowback is not an issue with Level 10.

BlackVCG
06-20-2002, 11:10 PM
LVL 10 blowback is less, it was tuned to release the air further down the barrel and quicker.

The Xtreme is designed so the bolt never enters the barrel and the bolt is sized larger so it can seal more in the body.

There is a lot more to the blowback issue than sealing the bolt in the breech/barrel.

liigod
07-02-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
LVL 10 blowback is less, it was tuned to release the air further down the barrel and quicker.

The Xtreme is designed so the bolt never enters the barrel and the bolt is sized larger so it can seal more in the body.

precisely what i was talking about