PDA

View Full Version : Tom, why are there no tech courses offered to Canadians?

Creative Mayhem
06-15-2002, 04:06 PM
Hey Tom,

I've contacted AGD from time to time, concerning tech courses with no straight answer. There has been many canadian players that want accurate service for their mags but there aren't any certified techs around here. I would like to attend a course if you provide one, unfortunately I don't have time/money to travel any great distance just for a course(not that it wouldn't be worth it;) ) If you were to do the same thing a next year's Skyball I'm sure there would be tremendous response for this type of course. Thanks for your time.

RT_Luver
06-15-2002, 05:01 PM
I live in the USA and STILL can come to them because of distance. it sux..but if I fiddle with me mag long enuf I always fix it somehow:D

Creative Mayhem
06-15-2002, 06:08 PM
I realize most people do just that, fiddle with it, but there should be someone here in Canada promoting and representing AGD in a professional position. Some players, usually newer players, will prefer to take their markers to a qualified technician. The same holds true for older players that just can't figure out that strange problem that is plaguing their mag. I can't think of any people more qualified then AO'ers, they love, play with, and promote AGD products in a positive light. Unlike some, if not, all dealers in our area, would rather sell the product but slam it after they take the money. This is just unacceptable to me, if not most mag lovers. Sorry about the rant, but this situation needs to rectified, and having more certified techs that believe in AGD products seems to be the answer.

Quiet
06-15-2002, 06:09 PM
Creative meyhem - maybe if we get a large enough group commited we can talk them into it.

Shail
06-15-2002, 07:08 PM
Count me in on attending a coarse, if we could get one at skyball I would definetly attend. There are not enough trained individuals in canada, and attending a coarse like that would be great and useful to all mag lovers in canada, espically since I would have a complete understanding of how to repair both my mag and others completely, so I can help people if they were to have any problems.

kevdupuis
06-15-2002, 07:09 PM
A Canadian tech course would be nice. It would really come in handy in my area. WE have quite a few mag owners around here.

Creative Mayhem
06-15-2002, 09:26 PM
Let me give all the Canadians a BIG UP!

We need to get together and work on Tom;) to make this happen for us and all the others that believe mag owners deserve the best technical advice and work.

omni
06-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Ya that would be great, then I could fix things on my own and help others out :)

Hey Shail I heard you just got a e-mag, can I touch it? hah

SqueegeeKid
06-15-2002, 09:40 PM
I'd attend the course, but i doubt anyone would trust me with their expensive machinery!!

I made a mess of my teammates Cocker today, those things are just too fragile!!

Duffman4life
06-15-2002, 10:05 PM
I would like to see a tech course in Canada, ya got my vote!
OHHH YEAH

paintbattler
06-15-2002, 10:22 PM
becuz he dont like us.. :D

pbstu
06-16-2002, 02:27 AM
ya, definitaly get a canadaian course, get one out here in vancouver for all us west coast people too!!! cause skyball is still way to far for me!

stu.

Temo Vryce
06-16-2002, 02:53 PM
HEll Tom you could stay at my place if you wanted too. I would have to talk to the GF about it, but if it means that you would be able to offer a course he in Canada I would do what ever it takes to get her to let you stay.

Strider
06-16-2002, 08:50 PM
And I'll pay your day at our local paintball field! :D

Hey, worth a shot.

(FYI, Temo & I are in the same City - Ottawa)

omni
06-16-2002, 08:57 PM
I'm In Ottawa too :)

Creative Mayhem
06-17-2002, 08:48 AM
Ottawa? You're kidding right? Skyball is in Toronto, he doesn't want to drive 3 hrs just to get to the Skydome(oops was I not supposed to tell him how far away Ottawa was):D Actually Tom, you can stat here at my house, I'm only 45min away, or 20 mins if you let me drive;) :D But seriously, Tom, as you can see there is definately a demand for a tech course here in Canada, specifically in southern Ontario. Sorry pbstu:( and other west coaster'

squidboy69
06-17-2002, 09:23 AM
Although I haven't updated it (for e-mags) yet. I am actually a certified tech in Canada (Toronto). I had to drag my sorry behind to DC for it, but it was worth it.

Creative Mayhem
06-17-2002, 09:31 AM
squidboy, where do you tech? I'm sorry to say that I've been playing for 10+ yrs/9 with a mag, and you are the only one I've heard of. This is my point, there aren't enough certified techs for all the mag owners in the area.

pbstu
06-17-2002, 01:12 PM
am i the only west coast person on this forum, there must be a couple more??

stu.

Creative Mayhem
06-17-2002, 05:24 PM
hey stu, looks like you're the only west coaster here.:(

I'll give you an up

A
AA
AAA
AAAA
AAAAA
AAAAAA
AAAAAAA
AAAAAAAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA

fatal rain
06-18-2002, 04:43 PM
WOW tech course at Skyball would be fantastic! I needed a tech a while back and I couldn't find anyone to help me. Eventually I found someone to tinker with it, but it wasn't a permanent fix. I took it to a local shop that claimed they could fix it, but they only made it worse. As it turns out, the so called "tech" had never had a mag apart before mine. This is wrong and makes a bad impression on Airgun products and service. Due to this I ended up selling my mag and bought a spyder. Sorry:( I want to get another, especially with this new LVL10 coming out, but I definately want to know how to fix my own problems, and a local tech course is definately the answer.

Thanks

MikeCouves
06-18-2002, 04:58 PM
We got a a BIG East Coaster. Lol I live about 20 minutes from the most easterly point in North America, good ol St. John's, Newfoundland!

There's no way in hell it would come here, but oh well, I would want to see one at Skyball atleast because there's alot of Canadians there which is great.

I am all for it!!!

squidboy69
06-18-2002, 05:04 PM
I don't tech anywhere at the moment, putting together $$$ for my own store. Just do stuff for friends and charity. I'm actually certified mag and cocker. e-mail me if you need any help or whatnot.

Nomad
06-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Stu ain't the only west coaster here.

Creative Mayhem
06-20-2002, 03:40 PM
UP for the west coast!

Anymore people like the idea of a course at Skyball?

Temo Vryce
06-20-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
Ottawa? You're kidding right? Skyball is in Toronto, he doesn't want to drive 3 hrs just to get to the Skydome(oops was I not supposed to tell him how far away Ottawa was):D

Actually it's a alittle farther than that. My personal best to date is 3.5 hours and I won't say how fast I was going, but if was to have gotten pulled over that day it wouldn't have been pretty.

Creative Mayhem
06-21-2002, 05:50 AM
My personal best to date is 3.5 hours and I won't say how fast I was going, but if was to have gotten pulled over that day it wouldn't have been pretty.

Hamilton to Ottawa 3hrs
Speed? HEH HEH HEH im not telling.....

But seriously, 407 cuts the time drastically.