PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Question...Siphon vs. Standard

windigossak
06-16-2002, 10:30 AM
hi,
heres a question for you... Is a regular CO2 Tank considered a siphon tank? I know that siphon tanks are not to be used on my Mag. If you can help me out with this question...thatd be great,
thanks guys :)

Telefragged
06-16-2002, 10:32 AM
No, normal CO2 tanks are, well, normal CO2 tanks. Siphon tanks have a weighted tube that's always at the bottom of the tank, its designed to suck up liquid, long siphon tubes are used in CO2 fill stations.

Anti-Siphon tubes always point up when screwed into the gun, so as not to such up liquid, this is what you want if you want the best out of a CO2 setup.

windigossak
06-16-2002, 10:44 AM
hey again,
thanks for answering my question...it looks as if ill be out to find an anti-siphon kit...:) - well, at least until i find a nice nitro tank :)
thanks guys

RT_Luver
06-16-2002, 12:22 PM
I didn't know that...interesting

davidb
06-16-2002, 02:35 PM
You just have to realize that with an anti-siphon tank you cannot run it mounted vertically, or in a remote setup, or it will do the exact same thing as a siphon tank. Anti-siphon tanks must be used in a bottomline setup or not at all, and the tank will have a mark put on it that must always be pointing upward when screwed in.

Potatoboy
06-16-2002, 02:36 PM
davidb is correct, but you also cannot use an antisiphon tank in an angled bottomline setup.

FutureMagOwner
06-16-2002, 02:47 PM
anti syphon isnt always best though well for mags it is but not on other guns some times(such as most old guns)