PDA

View Full Version : Clear Warp Hose?

keiphers
06-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Well, I'm still looking for clear Warp hose. Anyone have any suggestions? I almost had it today, but it didn't quite work out. I bought clear PVC tubing. With a Dremel and a saw, I cut it the right size. I had to Dremel the ends of it to fit in the little Warp adapters. The problem... if it bends the shape inside the tubing changes, and thus can't feed. It feeds sometimes, but its mainly luck getting it to work. Anyone know where you could find clear tubing exactly like that which comes with the Warp (but not black/grey)?

keiphers
06-16-2002, 05:20 PM
Boo-yah, I got it working, but you have to tweak it (squeeze the tube) after a few strings of shots. I still haven't field tested it, and won't be able to for a while (its too hot here to play comfortably). It looks sooo awesome. I can get a picture up in 2 days. All you need is a foot of PVC hose (can't find extra hose with size on it, so will edit this later). The hose needs to be set at the length you like, with as little bend as possible. Next, both tips should be Dremeled down so that they sleep easily into the feed adapters and don't squeeze too tightly together (allowing balls not to feed). As you go, run a ball through it to see if your thickness is correct (with adapters on). After its mostly done, Dremel a deeper groove all the way around the middle of each tip. That allows the PVC to bend onto itself inside the Warp adapter. Once finished, the hose will require slight bending while on the gun to make sure it feeds properly. I also did a test with the two bare feed tubes. The clear PVC fed slightly faster at the same incline with balls dropped in and timed. As long as the PVC stays the correct shape, it works perfectly. Hope everyone enjoys hearing this. Oh yeah, if you have a West Marine in your area, thats where I got the hose. Any other marine store should carry the correct hose though. The Lowes in my area didn't have it. Good luck making your own tubing!

einhander619
06-16-2002, 10:36 PM
I had an idea that might improve flexibility with the hose. If you have to make a sharp bend like I would, make small notches on the inside of the tube where it would bend. This removes the material that is messing up the interior shape of the tubing.

Top Secret
06-16-2002, 11:12 PM
Let's see some pics. I've always wanted a clear tube.

azheat99
07-25-2002, 08:27 PM
Try this.http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40916