PDA

View Full Version : Best Loader for the Cash

FreshmanBob
06-16-2002, 05:01 PM
What do you guys think is the best loader for the money?

mykroft
06-16-2002, 05:05 PM
12V Rev, IMHO The others just aren't worth the extra money.

Yatta!
06-16-2002, 05:05 PM
Well it depends on the situation, if you are starting out, then a 200 vl will do, if you want to upgrade from that then I have to go with the Rev over the Rico. Anything over that is the HALO.

Yatta!

terrorizer666
06-16-2002, 05:06 PM
12v Revo should do for the Mini you got :)
Halo and warp feed are too expensive and the others are just shyte kind of. Well maybe a Ricochet... but go for the Revy

Havoc_online
06-16-2002, 05:23 PM
I'd say your entire set-up is only as good for as fast as you can load it, if you get a good loader now, you won't have to worry about it later when you finally get a awesome set-up, your going to be chopping becuase you can't load it fast enough. plus you have to go through the hassel of selling your other slower loader when your going to need the better one actually losing money in the long run. just my 2cents

Bwaites
06-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Sorry guys, but I disagree.

I went the Revy route, (I still have two), but I would buy a HALO now if given the option. Since I switched to it, I have had no chops, using it on either my Classic or Emag.

I just sprang for the upgrade and haven't played with it yet, but it flat flies! I just checked and it will unload about 26-28 ball per second.

If you buy the Revy, at least it works when the batteries go dead, something that I have to think about with my HALO.

Good luck on your decision.

Bill

Laxpunk2006
06-16-2002, 05:45 PM
I have to disagree. I have had nothing but trouble with my rev. I am currently on my 4th set of shells from breaking them while playing. One shell actually broke from a 3 foot fall when my brother knocked it off the counter. I've also had to replace the motor from it being fried and today something else went on and it wouldn't feed. I'm not sure what is wrong yet but it's not good. My suggestion is at least get a richochet. If halo's are too much weight then get the rikki but otherwise go all out on the Halo.

FreshmanBob
06-16-2002, 06:07 PM
thanks for all the good points guys

i'm kind of debating between the richochet AK an the revy, i wanna spend as little money as possible.

oh yea, anyone have any experience with the richochets jamming or anything? I think they feed a little faster than the revys

RT_Luver
06-16-2002, 07:44 PM
get a regular 9v(so you dont waste your money) and then get the WAS turbo board and the JMJ vortex impeller. that way you dont waste your money on the 12v and end up throwing away the stuff you dont need

Coaster
06-16-2002, 08:49 PM
i would like to know how a warp feed can "speed up" your loading... if a 12volt revy can only drop balls or feed 13 per second than how can a warp feed speed that up if the loader can only output a number less than the number of balls per second a warp can feed. Just a question..

paintbattler
06-16-2002, 08:52 PM
i say the 12 volt revvy

mykroft
06-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Coaster,
The warp contains 9-10 balls plus what's in the tube. It's able to feed the balls in the Warp Wheel at speeds up to and exceeding 20bps as long as there is paint in the wheel, Once it is out of paint, it slows down to the speed the hopper can feed at. As there is no ball bobble, hoppers will feed faster than they would when on top of a gun.

FreshmanBob
06-17-2002, 07:32 PM
see the thing is, i don't play tornies. I'm a rec baller so i don't need the ball counter (i don't have anything electro on my gun either) or timer. And if the rec games being timed, hell i'll ask a ref. If it can save me 20 bucks i'll go for it.

anyone know a place that sells them cheap?

than205
06-17-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by RT_Luver
get a regular 9v(so you dont waste your money) and then get the WAS turbo board and the JMJ vortex impeller. that way you dont waste your money on the 12v and end up throwing away the stuff you dont need

Where can I get a WAS Turbo board?

Aranarth
06-18-2002, 12:15 AM
http://www.wickedairsportz.com/news.htm
But it looks like you will have to wait a day or two.
-AranarthX

Bwaites
06-18-2002, 12:31 AM
If you start adding the costs of new boards to Revys, you are better off just buying the HALO B.

Cost isn't that different, and the HALO B has no problem with 20+ BPS.

Bill

71 LS6
06-18-2002, 09:55 AM
I recently had this same dilema, and here's what I got. Not many people have heard of it, but its a dark revvy. It's done by warped sports, the same company that makes the dark angel, and basically they took a 12V revvy with X-Board, put a vortex impeller on it, a custom lid with their logo engraved, and you can get the shell half black, half any other color. I went with black and clear, I got it yesterday and it works sweet. Oh yeah, its only $65.