PDA

View Full Version : How come Automags aren't popular?

StealthPlayer
06-16-2002, 09:56 PM
How come Automags are as publicized as say Angels and Auto-cockers? In paintball magazines, not too many players are using Automags. Can anyone tell me why?

AcemanPB
06-16-2002, 10:00 PM
theres a few reasons... lack of advertising compared to other companies, less pro sponsoship, and alot of people buy into the "hype" like cocker users buying a cocker because it is more accurate

i believe with this lvl 10 and emag extreme right around the corner we will see alot more mags though

Creative Mayhem
06-17-2002, 09:45 AM
Angels and cockers are used by more pro players. The n general masses are soo brain washed by this fact, that the just want to have what the pros have. Too bad.:( Just look at it this way stealthplayer, you get to be different and still be able to send them to the dead box in droves when the time comes.:D

Don't buy into the hype. Buy into AGD!

Dayspring
06-17-2002, 09:54 AM
It's because we're not doing our job of spreading Tom's word/work to the masses!

Let's get to it!:D

nutz
06-17-2002, 12:46 PM
and never forget that mags arent the prettyiest of the guns avaliable

freek133
06-17-2002, 01:19 PM
You guys do do your job of spreading toms word. It is just that everytime a mag is brought up it gets shot down by someone who has no knowledge of what they are speaking about. and somebody who doesnt know what the deal is, they see all the others dissing the mag, and they decide that since 5 people are against it, and only one person or two people are defending it then the majority is right. Well ta hell with them, you keep preachin the word and one day some people will listen.

liigod
06-17-2002, 01:26 PM
because stock they break paint, a lot of paint. I know people will say otherwise, but if it want true, then why is level ten comming out :cool:

paintbattler
06-17-2002, 01:45 PM
i say because of their price..not too expensive but the emags are gettin some publicity

FrAuStY
06-17-2002, 02:50 PM
Actually... in the past few months... I can actually say I'm glad not everyone owns an AGD gun. Its like... we're the rare art form that still gets things done. I like when people ask what kind of gun I have...then I can tell them about it. They may/maynot get one. Its all good because as mentioned by Creative Mayhem:

Just look at it this way stealthplayer, you get to be different and still be able to send them to the dead box in droves when the time comes.
- Its very true..

Case in point..3 weekends ago.. we played at a local fields thats frequented by tourney players "Jax Warriors" "Velocity Paintball" etc.. They use cockers, angels, Jax Warriors" use emag's (woot) I put the cockers down like bad habits. Angels...pfft... how many times a second they gonna miss me. Mags are so consistent you begin to "know" right where your shots gonna go. Then its all over for the opposition.