PDA

View Full Version : Mag questions from a potential buyer

Duke Henry
06-17-2002, 11:21 AM
Hello everyone. I probably could have searched and found some of the answers to these questions, but time is of the essence so I will post anyway and do a search when I have the time.

Anyway, I have played paintball for years, and want to add to my collection. I am likely going to buy a mag. So, the questions arises - which one?

Well, I am seriously considering getting an RT PRO. However, I had a few questions. First off, from my experience (or should I say other's experiences with their guns when I was around) seemed to tell me that the RT PRO really doesn't need any major upgrades out of the box. (True, this can be said about a lot of markers.)

Yet, I was wondering what the major upgrades are for these guns. I mean, the RT PRO comes with the intelliframe (question later) and so since I already run all my guns off of HPA, perhaps other than a barrel, the only thing I could see is a body (for looks only I assume).

Now, the question of feeding. For those who have intelliframes - does a standard 12V Revy with X-Board feed fast enough in combination with an intelliframe? While I appreciate the fact that the Warp Feed drastically reduces your profile, I would prefer to skip the warp (at least for now).

Sorry for the newbie questions - I just have never really gotten into the technical side of the mags too much. I shot an RT PRO for a few games and absolutely loved the gun. So, any opinions/thoughts, etc are all welcome.

Thanks

Duke Henry
06-17-2002, 03:32 PM
*up*

oldsoldier
06-17-2002, 04:01 PM
Um, how fast can you pull? If you are worried, I would suggest the new Halo B's. Other than that...maybe a barrell upgrade? I dont shoot an RTP...but know quite a few ppl that do. Thats about the only suggestion I can come up with...

FrAuStY
06-17-2002, 04:03 PM
You're correct....the RT PRO will shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger. Its very easy to rip off 13-14 bps once you've trained yer trigger finger. A 12V Revvy will feed for short bursts... but if you plan on firing sustained rates... I'd suggest halo or halo/warp. Other than that... a good barrel system i.e. equation/freak/CP etc... other than that..yer good to throw much paint right out of the box.

virus
06-17-2002, 04:07 PM
all ya need is a barrel(s) to match the paint you shoot and a hopper to keep up.....

as for intellafeeding the hopper to the gun it just make it spin on every trigger pull all that is needed for it is about $4 in parts from radio shack and the know how.... a search should get that info for you....

and you are right about the body.... changing would be for the eye candy only... also remember that centerfeed mags need different barrels then regular mags and usally have to be special ordered....

Duke Henry
06-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Yes, I have the detailed document on how to hook up the intellifeed to a Revolution. Honestly I don't really spray that much, but with the RT I will probably dump some major paint.

Would there be a need to hook up an intelliframe to a HALO-B? I mean if it can fire at 20 BPS (or more) is there a need to get it linked with the intelliframe?

Thanks for the responses...

PS: I have been told to wait until the "level 10" versions come out - what is that mean?

Polishpickles451
06-17-2002, 05:03 PM
The RT is very fast and has wonderful handling, i would get an RT over any other gun. Personally i really like a Z-grip on it. Feels great and has a nice trigger pull. Plus it doubles as a drop forward for your tank.

Mav D MagMan
06-17-2002, 05:08 PM
Actually a 12 volt X board Revie (w/ stock propeller) will feed nearly 11 balls per second (this is continuous feed rate and 170 balls were used in the test, and it was done several times, 10+ was the average rate). So depending on how fast you can fire the gun, it can keep up rather nicely.

Another thing Level 10 is a new one size fits all mod for the Automag line of markers. It eliminates chopping and is user installable, do a search and you will find everything from the price to how it works.

K hope I cleared a few things up
Mav

krafty
06-18-2002, 01:33 PM
If you're going to get an RTP (good for you!), I'd highly recommend that you couple it with an adjustable HPA tank. Fixed-output tanks work fine, but you can adjust the reactiveness of the trigger kick-back with an adjustable tank.

I personally really love the RT Pro stock barrel. I'm searching for one right now to use on my minimag.

rikkter
06-18-2002, 03:19 PM
like they all said, barreel, and a adjustable HPA system, if not already have one.
but i also heard you shouldn't rig the intelli frame up to a 12 revvy that has the xboard in it already. so iuno, i'd still do it anyways jsut to add that extraballs

personally i think i will stick with my 12revvy with intelli. feeds good for me, haven't out shot it yet so.
the only thing i am going to get for my gun in the future is the warp feed. mainly to lower my profile on the field

FrAuStY
06-18-2002, 04:27 PM
I actually have a 9V revvy that I did some mods on the agitator (sp? lol). I used two short pieces of 5/32"dia vacuum tube, and 1/2" of a nail bent about 45*. I dirlled a hole through the center of the stock 9v agitator put the nail in it and stuck the vacuum tube on each end.. now I have a 9v revvy with a four prong agitator and I am yet to outshoot it :D

paintbattler
06-19-2002, 01:53 PM
yea, the 12v w/ x board keeps up a little..also it is true that u dont need many upgrades for the rt prob outta the box. all u need is a bottomline and possibly a drop and a revvy and ull be set. i would reccomend the rt pro if ur gunna get a mag