PDA

View Full Version : AR Help

Tyril
06-17-2002, 09:57 PM
Hey guys... I just bought an AR frame on the forums, and I'm a bit curious to some of its fuctionings. I've got it installed I believe correctly, but to test I only had about 50-70 shots out of my c02 tank (I can only fill nitro on the field) and no paint. It boils down to this: Pull/release triggers the on/off like it should, but I will get occational leaks and short stroking(?) at random intervals. My C02 was on a remote, but I'm sure a bit of liquid got into the valve, causing some of the problems I've mentioned. However, not all of the problems started after rapid firing. I put in a -30 spacer, replacing my normal -25, and it helped a bit. When I took the valve off the frame, I was able to observe a potential problem in the grip's sear. When the trigger is completely out, the sear is engaged fully, and the sear on/off is fully depressed. When the trigger is pulled, the gun fires normally, and, at the end of the trigger cycle, the frame engages the sear and lowers the on/off rocker again. However, this time the sear catch is not all the way up, and the on/off trigger is not all the way down. This causes a problem, in that when the trigger is held back, which should ideally be the same as hand off the frame, the on/off isn't fully off, causing leaks. Anyone know if this would negativly affect performance and, if so, how to combat it?

Vids of the sear... might even work!
http://www.geocities.com/yilano10/Paintball/Paint.html

Thanks!

-Mike, of the minimag

FrAuStY
06-18-2002, 07:30 PM
I gotta give this one an up. I don't know much about the AR frames but I'd like to learn. From what I can imagine, you wouldn't want to it to fully engage when triggers all the way pulled. If you only want one shot per pull.. make a trigger stop. The idea is when you're rapid firing two shots per pull the sear should only partially catch when the trigger is completely pulled.. Otherwise it may not disengage properly when coming forward firing the second shot. Who knows.. I don't have one. Just personal theory.

Tyril
06-18-2002, 07:58 PM
hmmm... that's an interesting theory... however, I'm not sure to its validity. The frame has its own spring that returns the pulled trigger to its natural state, and it is quite a strong spring at that. I had first tried different strength springs, to perhaps lighten the pull (before gassing it up), however, I ended up returning to the strong stock spring when the lighter ones would not pull. I don't know what is wrong, if anything (could be as simple as a tiny mal-adjustment), but thanks for your opinions, Frausty. If I ever get the frame to it's working state, I'll take dozens of digital photos to help you guys better understand it's fuctioning.

-Mike, of the minimag

Tyril
06-20-2002, 03:28 PM
Must 'UP'

I know the AR frame isn't exactly the most common frame in existance.. but I know the forum is home to a few 'owners!

Thanks!

-Mike